3ds Max 8 - Rigged character head dummy moves when saved

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3ds Max 8 - Rigged character head dummy moves when saved

I have my character modeled in Max 8 and I imported the bones from UT2004, I set up the physique and edit the envelope to make everything run perfect, I then save the model. When I open the model back up the Head dummy goes from being on top of the head to being down by the neck. I have connected the physique to the Bip01 Pelvis on all the characters and its only the female ones that have this problem. Sometimes I can open it twice with no problem but if I resave it, when I open the model up it happens again. Its the dummy on top of the head that keeps moving on me when I save the file. Any one have any ideas why this is?

Before:
    http://img20.imageshack.us/my.php?image=01nx9.jpg

After:
    http://img20.imageshack.us/my.php?image=02nv2.jpg

Did u scale the bone of the original model from UT2004 ?

Comment

I might have, but I think I scaled almost all of them. Its only a select few of the female ones that keep doing this.

Comment

If you want to import your model into UEd dont touch to the original proportions of the biped...never...just adjust your model as much as it's possible to fit the biped, never do the inverse...

For your problem, well... i had some weirds things too sometimes with the physique modifier. I had to redo the rigging entirely one time...I dunno exactly the ****. Perhaps a link with the "figure pose mode" and the way i saved the file and/or import some extra .bip files....not sure...

Comment

Problems

Well its weird that only the 1 is doing it when I based 6 of the models off the same rig. All six were done the exact same way but just the 1 in the picture is doing that. I even went and imported a good rig from one of my models and attached it but when I resaved it the same thing happened. Now there is another problem. I have 12 character all together and only 8 can get into the game. There are 4 models (including the one with the messed up head) that wont go into the game for some odd reason. I am not sure why but when I go to import the models the editor crashes. Again 5 of the models are based off the MercMaleA_rig, 1 is based on the JuggernaughtMaleA_rig and 6 are based off the MercFemaleA_rig. I know all the rigs have the same naming convention (IE Biped 1) but why would most of them go in game and only 4 not? And why would the head dummy of only 1 get screwed up when I base it on one of the good rigs. I didn't even touch the rig when I imported it. Screwy aint it? Kind of annoying too because there is no error report for me to look at so I am kind of in the dark and have no clue where to go from here.

Comment

Rig

Ok, I merged the original UT2004 rig with mine and didnt go in and remove anything, I just attached my model to their rig and its good now. The only thing that is going on now is that when I try to import 4 of the 12 models into the editor it crashes...all the others are fine, its just 4 of them. Any ideas of things I can check for?

Comment

Working...
            X