Easy question - missing file

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Easy question - missing file

I hope this is an easy question - I started working on a level a year ago and left it but now I am trying to finish it and when I load it I get a warning telling me there is a file missing "newHangar2". I think I was going through my unreal level editing book and modified the file "newHangar" but might have since deleted it (the newHangar2, I still have newHangar).

Is there anyway I can tell how I was using this file? What impact will it have on my level if I keep making it? And is there any way to get rid of whatever was referencing that file, find out what was using that file, so that I can get rid of the warning?

Thanks for the help.

Meh.
    Just make a random package and call it the same name as the package you're missing.
    Note that this only works because it's a custom package. You should only myLevel things though, as it makes everything easier and there aren't any issues like that. Other people won't be able to play your map unless you include the package.

Comment

Good to know. I actually found the file so everything is all good but I was still wondering how it would affect my level - in this instance it was a static mesh being used as an elevator and the effect was it was just gone and I got an error telling me my lift had no object (it called it something else). Check my newer thread for my next question about shrinking the scale of skyboxes.

Comment

Working...
      X