Extracting Unreal 2 models?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Extracting Unreal 2 models?!

Does anyone know how to possibly export Unreal 2 models from Unreal 2 and into an editable format such as an "obj"?
    All I want is the meshes of the main models, Skaarj, Liandri Angels, Marines.

It's possible, but only by hex editing. If you know a) how to do that and specifically what to look for, and b) how to write your own plugin to get the resultant file into your 3d program of choice, then you shouldn't have any problems.

If you can't do those things you're basically out of luck. Many of us have tried dozens of different ways of getting those models, none of which work. The hex editing approach is about the only reliable method.

Comment

Most of the models are released, butcan be tougher to find than mostt.

I have them all on CDs somewhere, one day I'll dig them, and the U2 Skarjj pack out...

Comment

check out levels4you.com
        I remember seeing them there awhile back.

Rad; you don't need to hex edit to get the models out of Unreal2. I managed to do it several times by switching the Xpawn mesh to the character i want and then converting it to a staticmesh, save the staticmesh package, then add the static mesh to the level, then convert that static mesh to a brush and then export it out as obj.

Theres several tutorials out on the net that does a step by step guide.

Comment

****, the editor that comes with Unreal 2 doesnt have an option for exporting levels along with there static meshes to OBJ files like the editor does for UT2004. Besides that being a problem lets say it did. How would I go about changing the Skaarj pawn into a staticmesh so that he would be exported threw with the OBJ.

IN LATER NEWS!! :P

Considering the editor in Unreal 2 didnt have an export option for maps to OBJ's. I decided to download EvilEngines Skaarj invasion mod to get a hold of the pawns in UT2004s editor, after wondering around with options I finally had found that I was able to right click on the character in the animations browser, click convert, and then click convert to static mesh. Problem solved, however considering the skaarj invasion only comes with mainly just naked blank skaarj, I am unable to get a hold of the ones with the armor sets.

Comment

Originally posted by dekrayzis
            Rad; you don't need to hex edit to get the models out of Unreal2. I managed to do it several times by switching the Xpawn mesh to the character i want and then converting it to a staticmesh, save the staticmesh package, then add the static mesh to the level, then convert that static mesh to a brush and then export it out as obj.
            Yeah, that's one of the most well known methods, but it doesn't work for 99% of people in Unreal 2, myself included (in fact this method doesn't even work in 2K4 for me any more, even though it has done for some 4 years.)

Don't you think I would have mentioned something so incredibly simple if there was actually a chance of it working? If you can get it to convert to anything other than nothing in the static mesh browser, then that's great.

edit: Incidentally, I mentioned hex editing as being the only reliable method, not the only method, in case that wasn't clear.

Comment

EvilEngine apparently did it http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=397947

Comment

http://files.filefront.com/u2skaarjn.../fileinfo.html

Duca

Comment

Working...
                X