Need help with monsters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help with monsters

I made a map with a mover, a "trap door". Inside the room below the trap door, there are about 10 monsters that I added by going to ACTORS-*PAWN-*UNREALPAWN-*XPAWN-*MONSTER. I want the monsters to stay in the trap door room, but every time I start my map up and join the game, all the monsters start flying out of the trap door room and towards me. Is there anyway I could keep the monsters in the trap door room?
    I posted a video of my problem so I can better explain myself: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRm4lIl_m88
    I am using unrealed 3.0 for UT2004. Thanks, any ideas are helpful

Make a nonstaticvolume (... look it up, it's not a default thing) and attach it to the mover, then set the collision appropriately. Also, make sure the mover's collision is correct.

Alternatively, you can change the "hearing" distance of the monsters so they don't notice you're there until you're right outside the door.

Or just change the type of monster to the non-flying sort.

Comment

Originally posted by IceCreamYou View Post
      Make a nonstaticvolume (... look it up, it's not a default thing) and attach it to the mover, then set the collision appropriately. Also, make sure the mover's collision is correct.

Alternatively, you can change the "hearing" distance of the monsters so they don't notice you're there until you're right outside the door.

Or just change the type of monster to the non-flying sort.
      Its not actually the mover they are coming from, they are actually coming from the walls, Ive also tryed using non-flying monsters, but even walking monsters come through the walls

Comment

Monster classes were designed specifically for the Invasion gametype. They were designed to advance and attack at all times, even to the point of teleporting to available NavigationPoints if stuck. For that reason, they aren't usable in non-Invasion gametypes.

For more sophsticated Monster AI (or just being able to place a creature in a map), I suggest using Old Skool Monsta Toolz, a tiny add-on for use in any UT2004 gametype.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperApe View Post
          Monster classes were designed specifically for the Invasion gametype. They were designed to advance and attack at all times, even to the point of teleporting to available NavigationPoints if stuck. For that reason, they aren't usable in non-Invasion gametypes.

For more sophsticated Monster AI (or just being able to place a creature in a map), I suggest using Old Skool Monsta Toolz, a tiny add-on for use in any UT2004 gametype.
          Ok, Ill try the monsa toolz, thanks a lot

Comment

my question is the same but what if you place the xpawn down in the trap door room and a player start in the main safe room how is it the pawn won't spawn from my playerstart like it always does to me i want them to spawn in the other room with the trap door

Comment

Working...
            X