Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Put a animation from the animation browser!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Put a animation from the animation browser!

Hi people.

I've exported a animation from the 3ds studio max, using actor X, then i get to import that animation in unrealEd, and save it like inside a ukx package.

Everthing happened right so far, i can see the animation when i hit the play button in the animation browser.

Now i want put this animation to play in my map, it can play in loop in the start of the game, i just wanna see the animation and to figure out a way to put it in my map.

can anyone help me please? i already read a lot of things about skeletal mesh animation, but dont understand how i can put the animation in the map.

tks ^^

i work in UT2004

Think for a second. How do you think animations work? You don't just stick a little animation actor in your level and BRAVO! Your animation plays like a movie.

Done yet? Okay. Animations do exactly what they sound like: animate. That means they have to animate something else, i.e. a Pawn. So, you place a Pawn in your map (preferrably the one you did the animation for) and set up a scriptedtrigger with it with the Action PlayAnim (which will have a place where you can input the animation by selecting your anim, then clicking Use).

If you don't know how to set up a scriptedtrigger with a pawn, look it up on the wiki. It should answer your questions, and if not then you can ask here.

Comment

Firstly thanks for answer my question so quickly

Ok, i realized what you say. I just need to know whats the method to link the actor with the animation, because so far i dont found a command to do this.

One more time thanks for the attention.

Comment

lets simplify the things:

how can i use this command:

LinkSkelAnim(Animation'MyAnimation' );

i dont know what i have to write in the place of MyAnimation, i already put there package.nameAnimation (ex:site.robotArm), package.nameAnimationSequence (ex:site.animationSeq), package.nameAnimation.nameAnimationSequence(ex:sit e.robotArm.animatinSeq). But the command cannot find the animation.

how can i refer to a animation that i imported in the animation browser using this command?

Im becoming crazy with this. is not possible that the worst part, the exporting/importing transaction to the unrealEd, is solved, and now with the animation inside a ukx package i dont get put that in a map. I really need help cause i know it's very simple but just dont know to do this.

Comment

Well, the wiki info on this is pretty weak. Writing a tutorial on this is number 5 or 6 on my list of things to do.

Here's an overview:
          Add an Actor>>Keypoint>>AIScript>>ScriptedSequence>>Unrea lScriptedSequence in your map.
          Add a Pawn (Actor>>Pawn?) nearby.
          Select your Animation in the browser. Open your pawn's properties, expand Display, click Mesh, then click Use.
          Still in the Pawn's properties, expand AI and type something in AIScriptTag.
          Open the ScriptedTrigger's properties, and type the same thing in Events>>Tag.
          Still in the ScriptedTrigger's properties, expand AIScript(?) and towards the bottom choose ScriptedController from the drop-down list. Above it, click New. In the cell that appears, choose Action_PlayAnim from the list. A cell will appear below that, and you can click Use (I think) to enter the Animation you want to play.

If you did it correctly and I didn't leave out any steps, you will see a purple line connect the ScriptedSequence to your bot when you've selected the bot (after rebuilding, I think).

Comment

ICeCream......Don't be so condescending to people who need help bro..

Comment

Originally posted by ShredPrince View Post
              ICeCream......Don't be so condescending to people who need help bro..
              My bad. I didn't mean to come across that way.

Comment

what kind of pawn?

If i add a actor>pawn nothing happens, cant select the pawn added. already try click in add pawn later ctrl + z then press f4 but this dont work. what are wrong here?

Comment

Try this: an UnrealPawn.
                  You can see whether a class is placeable or not because placeable classes have an asterisk (*) next to them.

Comment

Ok Unreal Pawn worked fine, but just to do appear the mesh. Now i can do appear mesh, but there is no use button in the AIScript of ScriptedTrigger, i found Action_PlayAnim and some other properties about it, but dont know how to link this with my animation in the animation browser.

And have another thing, the mesh appear right in the UnrealEd, but not in play map, and i rebuild all before click in play all button.

ah... and there is no purple line connecting pawn with script.

some idea?

Comment

Originally posted by tyska View Post
                      Ok Unreal Pawn worked fine, but just to do appear the mesh. Now i can do appear mesh, but there is no use button in the AIScript of ScriptedTrigger, i found Action_PlayAnim and some other properties about it, but dont know how to link this with my animation in the animation browser.

And have another thing, the mesh appear right in the UnrealEd, but not in play map, and i rebuild all before click in play all button.

ah... and there is no purple line connecting pawn with script.

some idea?
                      I'm sorry. I realize it's hard to learn when you've never done something before, but I have trouble seeing how you could possibly miss some of these things. If it doesn't work, play around with it--you'll figure it out after a while.
                      Here are some relevant links:
                      http://wiki.beyondunreal.com/wiki/ScriptedTrigger
                      http://udn.epicgames.com/Two/ScriptedSequenceActions
                      http://udn.epicgames.com/Two/ScriptedSequenceTutorial
                      Also you can try a google search if these don't help.

I don't remember exactly what comes up when you click "New" "Insert" or "Add" (it's one of the 3...) in the AIScript part of the UnrealScriptedSequence's properties (after choosing PlayAnim) but I'm 100% positive there will be an option there to choose which animation you want to play. If there's no "use" button then you probably type it in. I don't know the format if that's what you have to do but I imagine you have to reference all the important bits (package, mesh, anim) in descending order; you can also google search it or look for tutorials.

I have no idea why your mesh wouldn't appear.

The purple line only appears when you select the mesh or UnrealScriptedSequence, and of course you have to set them up directly (see my last post).

Did you use the correct Mesh for the UnrealPawn? Did you match the UnrealPawn's AIScriptedController field to the Tag of the UnrealScriptedSequence?

Comment

great help

i think a get to do the animation play, because my mesh now appear in the last frame when i see it, the weird is that i put bLoopAnim true, now i guess the problem is make the animation play in loop! have you some idea?

Comment

i think a get to do the animation play, because my mesh now appear in the last frame when i see it, the weird is that i put bLoopAnim true, now i guess the problem is make the animation play in loop! have you some idea?
                          To be honest, I've never done animations before, but I can give you a hint.

In the UnrealScriptedTrigger, add another bar (click the Add button) and select Action_WaitForAnimEnd from the dropdown list. Create New. I don't think there will be any options to fiddle with.
                          Do the same thing again, but this time use Action_GoToAction. Make sure it says 0 in the properties that will appear when you create that action.
                          This setup will cause your mesh to start the animation, continue playing it until it finishes (at which point, hopefully, it goes back to the default/idle state) and then repeat.
                          A potential problem with this is that the engine scans UnrealScriptedSequences to see if they will repeat for 1,000,000 times or more during the playtime, and if this is going to happen you're gonna need to find another way. One possibility is to add an Action_IfCondition and set it up so after a certain amount of time the condition will be triggered and you can exit the UnrealScriptedSequence.
                          If that last sentence didn't make sense (which it probably didn't) then try to find out as much as you can about IfCondition actors on the wiki--hopefully there's a tutorial or something because it's kind of complicated and I don't really remember how to do it without looking at Mastering Unreal Technology.

Comment

I GET IT!!!! ice cream, joining some things that you show me, with another things i found in another forums, i finally get to do the animation play in the scenery! Thanks for the patience and the hints!

Comment

I GET IT!!!! ice cream, joining some things that you show me, with another things i found in another forums, i finally get to do the animation play in the scenery! Thanks for the patience and the hints!
                              No problem. Glad you got it working.

Comment

Working...
                              X