• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Good idea.:up:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    this is good news, DJJD. i think i'll drop Epic a short inquiry about this, see if it's OK to make the "working" plug-in more widely available somehow (maybe through the Unreal Wiki).

software should work as advertised

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Dunno why and dunno how, but it works!
    Thanks a lot Chip, you saved the day (not really, but made it a lot more enjoyalble anyway)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    DJJD, check your Private Messages.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Mine is dated 28-10-2002. The day and month date on my version are reversed from yours, do you perhaps live in America? I'm from the Netherlands, and I can vagualy remember reading somewere that the European UT2003 version would be somewhat different then the american one. Anyway, your version is exactly a month older so yes, I would like to try your version.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    the info i've found says that unEditor.mll was specifically designed for, and only for, UT2003. prior to release of the game, there was no unEditor.mll.

there may be version differences among plug-ins for Maya 4.0.1 PLE and 4.5 PLE, but i've seen no absolute confirmation of this, just anecdotes.

just FYI, my unEditor.mll (which scales fine with your PLE file) is dated 9/28/02. if yours has a different date, it may indeed be a different version. would you like to try mine?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    you mean there is an older version of the plugin than the one that came with the game?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I still think if you can find an older version of uneditor.mll it will solve your problem. Search around for topics surrounding that file. I think you might find an answer someplace.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks for trying that for me.

I guess I just have to live with it then. I could try reinstalling Maya, but I have had some problems with that before so I think I take it the way it is.

Scale=512 because I knew that it wouldnt make any difference anyway.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    wish i could help, DJJD. i loaded up your file & exported it exactly as set up & the mesh came in HUGE (your Scale is 512) even without freezing transformations (your channel box scale was still at xyz=3 and there was an x transform applied).

the link is to a screen cap of my result.

http://home.metrocast.net\~chipartis...dskullSCAP.jpg

no answers on this one, unfortunately.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    ok.

The problem does not occur only with one file, it happens to every mesh I create in mayaPLE.

for example this one:

http://members.chello.nl/j.damsteegt/Dragonsskull01.zip

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by DJJD
    ehh... what do you exactly mean with 'the problem file' or with PM?
    Sorry if I look a bit n00by now...
    1)"problem file " = the file (or a file) you've set up for export to UEd where the Scale attribute doesn't seem to work properly.

2) PM = Private Message.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    ehh... what do you exactly mean with 'the problem file' or with PM?
    Sorry if I look a bit n00by now...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'm using the new uneditor plugin(in wich scale is broken) because for me, for some reason, the old one never even worked at all lol

Leave a comment:

• replied
    not sure i can help, but if you want to send me the problem file i'd be happy to take a look at it. send me a PM if interested.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X