Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by BigJim
    Nope, what he means, is that a mover goes off when it's Event tag is called, right?
    Well, if you have 4 seperate movers, each with the *same* tag, when that event tag is called, they'll all set off at once.

The thing that triggers the event could be a trigger (any flavour), a pickup, script, whatever, it doesn't matter, what matters is that all the movers share the same Event tag.

In this case, you want them all to set off at once when you step on one.
    SO, put each mover where it lives, set up thier mover keyframes how you want them, set Object>InitialState to TriggerOpenTimed, and give them all the same Events>Tag property.

Then, add a trigger to one of them, putting it in the middle, where you'll stand, r-click it & open it's props.
    Adjust the Collision>CollisionRadius and CollisionHeight properties to taste.
    Open up the Trigger tab & decide whether you want all players, just some classes, etc.. to triggger it, set the re-trigger delay and all the rest of the stuff to get your trigger how you want it.
    Now, give it the same Events>Event as the movers' Tag was.

Lastly, duplicate it 3 times, and then place each trigger over each mover.
    Now, each trigger acts like all the rest, and so do the movers, meaning each one will contol all the rest.
    awesome thanx

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Nope, what he means, is that a mover goes off when it's Event tag is called, right?
    Well, if you have 4 seperate movers, each with the *same* tag, when that event tag is called, they'll all set off at once.

The thing that triggers the event could be a trigger (any flavour), a pickup, script, whatever, it doesn't matter, what matters is that all the movers share the same Event tag.

In this case, you want them all to set off at once when you step on one.
    SO, put each mover where it lives, set up thier mover keyframes how you want them, set Object>InitialState to TriggerOpenTimed, and give them all the same Events>Tag property.

Then, add a trigger to one of them, putting it in the middle, where you'll stand, r-click it & open it's props.
    Adjust the Collision>CollisionRadius and CollisionHeight properties to taste.
    Open up the Trigger tab & decide whether you want all players, just some classes, etc.. to triggger it, set the re-trigger delay and all the rest of the stuff to get your trigger how you want it.
    Now, give it the same Events>Event as the movers' Tag was.

Lastly, duplicate it 3 times, and then place each trigger over each mover.
    Now, each trigger acts like all the rest, and so do the movers, meaning each one will contol all the rest.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by BalticSailor
    No, they will just be triggered by the same event, therefore start moving at the same time, but they'll each have individual direction.
    cool, but what trigger should i use and what properties?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Vintovka
    wouldnt that move them all the same direction, what if i have them going difrent directions
    No, they will just be triggered by the same event, therefore start moving at the same time, but they'll each have individual direction.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by BalticSailor
    Give them all the same tags, then place trigers at each of their locations, and set triggers' event to that tag. (I hope I did remember this correctly)
    wouldnt that move them all the same direction, what if i have them going difrent directions

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Give them all the same tags, then place trigers at each of their locations, and set triggers' event to that tag. (I hope I did remember this correctly)

Leave a comment:

• started a topic 4 movers at once, please read

4 movers at once, please read

hi, i have 4 movers and i want them to all be triggered when u step on one of them, any onew of them. they are all moving in difrent direction so how can i do this. ok better examples, say i have 4 elivators scatered around the map, if i stem on anyone of them, how can i make so all of the move.
Working...
X