Removing the Drowning setting on a water volume help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Yes you could probably make a mutator and embed it in the level or make a universal mutator that effects all playerpawns in water volumes but I dont want to do it.

Maybe if you ask the guys in the Programming & UnrealScript forum what you want they could make you a mylevel embedded actor icon you can just add to your level which removes the drowning! :mdr2:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    mmmmm neeee ah I realy was hopeing I had somthing but darnet
    is there a way to change the time variable for drowning???

Leave a comment:

• replied
    No swimming animations either! You can make a physics volume and adjust the Z gravity but then it will still not allow you to move by player inertia like you can in water. You will just get suspended in the air evetually unless you adjust the x and or y to push you side/side or forward/backward but you will not have any control over yourself if you dont have a surface to push off from. You could make it just less than suspended and real low grav but?

Water is like a surface all around you so as you are in it you are pushing off it to move! I really dont think you can re create this with a default physics volume or remove damage by subclassing water volume or volume. Like PCmods say you got to re invent the pawn or subclass the pawn and its not worth the trouble!

Good luck though..:salut2:

Here look in this beta map I made a long time ago I got a bunch of physics volumes in there all over different set ups but go into the escape launcher tube to the right of the flags u see a big hole maybe you can use something like that!

http://69.6.255.202/brad/VCTF-EscapeLaunchV2.zip

unk:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The easy solution is what you said... just make a volume with the same properties as a water volume. The only problem is that you won't get splashes when you jump in or out. That should be the only thing missing.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    bummer then hmmmm could I make a volume that acts like water or just allow you to hover in the spot

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Drowning is hard coded into the pawn, you would need to change pawn script that to have the effect you want.

[UnderWaterTime] is the variable used to tell the game a player is drowning. You would need a MUTATOR to modify this so the player does not receive drowing messages. Currently set to 20 seconds.

Leave a comment:

• Removing the Drowning setting on a water volume help

Hi there I'm still a little green when it comes to mapping but I was wondering if its possible to turn the drowning feture off on a water volume so I can make some maps were you have to use those to get around like taking water ways that are on the ceiling to add floors if you want to call it to my map thanks
    tortisetank
Working...
X