Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UT2003/UT2004 Map Usage

Hey all!

My 1st map is nearly 100% done, finally! w00t!

Anyways, so far I've only been testing it out in UT2003 as I've been editing it.

Question 1:
    Is there anything I need to do, once the map is completed to run it in UT2004? (Other than putting the file into the map directory for UT2004)

Question 2:
    Sometimes, after I'm done editing/rebuilding geometry/lighting/playing the level in UT2003, when I go to shut down UnrealEd and save my project, I get messages showing up saying Package 0, and another Package, has changed and needs to be saved.

Should I save them? What are they for? Are these packages something that I need to put with the map files when I load them (eventually) onto a server/redirect?

Also, is the naming convention for the map, if it is deathmatch, strictly like:
    "DM-MyMapName"
    Naming it this way will cause it to be found in the Deathmatch map's on our server, correct?

Thanks!

SpY

Peace and Chicken Grease!

1. I would open the map up in the UT2004 editor, do a full rebuild and save it again.

2. All I know is that you shouldn't save them. I'm not sure what the messages mean or which packages they refer to... :noob:

The naming convention should be DM-Mapname. You should set the DefaultGameType to xGame.xDeathMatch too. Put that in the level properties (F6), under LevelInfo.

Comment

Thanks,

How do I get to UT2004 editor? lol

stop laughing... really!

I don't think I have that.

Comment

It should be in the UT2004 system folder (C:/UT2004/System/UnrealEd.exe).

Comment

LOL! Holy ****! I didn't know that was in there all this time lolz!

Thanks bro!

Comment

It might be a good idea to play the level extensivley in 2004 as well.

I have seen some maps come over from 03 and they had some minor issues that could easily be fixed.

I've seen collison issues, weapon spawing issues, and a few others.

I think in most cases you'll be fine, but sometimes something might get borked in the newer game.

Comment

That being said, I think we will all strongly suggest that you release your map as a beta version, in the beta forum, rather than releasing it as a finished map, in the full release forum. Just give it a couple weeks in beta testing, so anyone can find bugs and you can add those final changes. Issues that you might miss can be found by others.

Comment

Got it!

Comment

What the hell does w00t

Comment

Offtopic

A Monkey...
                    or anyone who has something to say and doesnt want to use a thousand words.

Comment

Originally posted by SpY
                      Thanks,

How do I get to UT2004 editor? lol

stop laughing... really!

I don't think I have that.
                      Just wondering - how did you make your map then?

Comment

ummm....'03 editor maybe?

Comment

Yeah I used the one I had in 03

Comment

Working...
                          X