StaticMeshe Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

StaticMeshe Help

Im trying to make a lift and i noticed you have to use a StaticMeshe to be a mover.So what i did was take my brush and intersected it over the lift i made and then right clicked on the red brush and clicked Convert To StaticMeshe.Then i i named the package and the brush name and saved it as a StaticMeshe.Then with my StaticMeshe selected in the StaticMeshes brouser and added mover.It works and shows up in my 3D view.So i rebuilted level and played it.I go where the lift is in the map and i do not see it(its invisable).But i can go on top of the lift(because i know where it should be,LOL) and it works.It goes up and down no problum.So what i did was add a StaticMeshe that came with the game and then rebuilded my level.Then played it and i can see the StaticMeshe that came with the game but still not see my lift.So then i went back into the editor and looked at the brush properties of my lift and the games defalt StaticMeshe.All the settings are excatly the same.

So what gives????

Sorry for the long post ,LOL

What package did you save your static mesh to? You should have saved it to myLevel, and if you didn't, then you must save the package you put it in. This is because the engine has to load all the packages that materials and static meshs' are located in when it initializes the level for them to appear in game. It doesn't matter if it shows up fine in the editor, it won't work unless it can sucessfully load the package. If you save your mesh to myLevel then it will load just fine when the level loads.

Comment

Well this is what i did.
      When i right clicked on my RED brush and clicked on Convert to
      static mesh.Then a box came up and this is what i but in
      Package = (i but the name of my map here)

Group = (I but nothing here)

Name = (i called it Lift)

then i hit ok,Then i click on the file, save button from the static mesh browser.

Comment

There is your problem mate. You save it as package name "myLevel", not the "name" of your level.
        The "myLevel" package name is the generic name for the package given to...um.. your level. It will ship with, and be part of your level, negating the need for any additional packages

Comment

Thx for the reply Wolv34ine

That did the trick :up:

maybe you can help me on 1 more thing.I want to add music to my map as well.I have the music file i want to add.i imported it and went to level propites but i can not here it play.I saved it as .UMX and when that did not work i tryed saveing it as .OOG and still no good.
          Any help on this would be great

Comment

It's .OGG, not .OOG. Just typing out the name in the Level Properties >> Audio >> Song field should do the trick. For example, Level3.ogg would just be Level3 in the properties. And... are you actually SAVING it as .ogg or just renaming it to .ogg? Renaming won't work.

Comment

thats a typeo,LOL
              Thats what i did and it did not work. I have made lots of maps for unreal and had added music lots of times.Does the music file have to be in any special format?When i make music for unreal i change it to 8-bit mono, @ 22050 sample rate.Manly so the download file is not to big.If i do this for UT2003 maybe the game can not read the file??Just a thought.

Thx for the help

Comment

Well, it should have been simple really. Save it as .ogg, put it in the UT2003/music folder, then type its name into the Audio >> Song field of your level.

Comment

Working...
                X