Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sky Lighting

Hey,

Im making my second map project and this one has an open sky.

I'm workin on the lighting, but when I re-built the lighting and objects, and I added light to the ceiling a.k.a the sky, light is only in the area that I place the light.

I played with the light properties a bit, but I'm wondering if theres a way to make the sky all have the same properties, like all be equally bright and a certain hue.

thanks

SpY

You mean the skybox? The surfaces of it should have Unlit flag set in their properties, then they will be equally bright, but the brightness will not be affected by any lights. If you really want to use light, try changing LightEffect to LE_NonIncidence maybe...

Comment

Without knowing exactly what you are doing (more info would have been helpful)...

If you are using a Skybox subtraction and a SkyZoneInfo actor, simply make sure that the skybox surfaces to NOT Unlit, and adjust the SkyZoneInfo's ZoneLight.AmbientBrightness, ZoneLight.AmbientHue and ZoneLight.AmbientSaturation as desired.
      For example, values of 180/0/100 gives a bright red skybox color.
      A SkyZoneInfo works just like a regular ZoneInfo, which you can use to "color" your map.

Plus you can place multiple Light actors into the Skybox cube and adjust them as desired for light brightness, color and radius.
      This works good for lighting cloud layers etc.

Comment

lol, sorry...

Mmkay, you know on the DM map CS-Dust080, I'm trying to make a sky like that, basically the perimeters of the map will have a wall, and the sky goes off into the distance....

When you stand on a box near shock rifle (at Dust), you can see that over the wall in the distance the sky is actually a square with sky texture on all sides, lol hence the "skybox", :haha: i guess... I would like my sky to be evenly lit like that.

Still doing some tutorials but none that have a sky yet, so I'm playing around with my own map... I want to make a map like Mos Eisley from the original Star Wars. :weird:

Thanks for the info! :up:

SpY

Comment

Your wanting a DOME sky. This is done by using a dome static mesh with the sky textures on the mesh. This stops the square look of your sky box when not done right.

Is this what you mean?

Comment

Yup

More details=very helpful

SpY

Comment

Working...
            X