mesh + karma = nothing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mesh + karma = nothing?

when ragdolls land on meshes they fall through them? Is there a way to prevent this without using blocking volumes?

Ive got alot of meshes all over my map and it would be a real pain to have to make a volume for each (even with convert to brush). Ive tried settings in the mesh properties but nothing happens....

:cry:

well ive got good news, you dont need blocking volumes. you need karma collisions. however, you still have to model a simple brush for it. get the red builder brush in position and how you like it, and then right click the mesh, and click "use as collision"

or for more simple things, in the mesh browser, you can use one of the automatic collisions, but i forget how to do that now. its in one of the menus. something to do with KDOP or something, i dunno, lol.

Comment

you can also turn the use simple karma collision to false in the mesh browser...

but keep in mind that the more high poly this is... the worse it will run. its best to make a simplified collision for players AND karma

Comment

If you are using 3D Max to make your static mesh you can make a karma mesh in max and export it with the visible mesh. The karma mesh name must begin with "MCDCX_xxxxxx". Replace the xxxxxx with anything to help keep your meshes sorted.

Comment

Thanks guys.

Comment

Working...
          X