AntiPortal Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AntiPortal Question

I've been experimenting & haven't found a way to do this yet. Perhaps someone here can enlighten me on a way to do this. I tried searching & didn't find anything relevant to what I'm trying to do.

I have a mover (a building) which will rise out of the ground when a trigger is hit. Is there a way to have an antiportal follow the mover up out of the ground, so that when the mover is in it's place other items behind it will not be rendered? If not, what would be the best solution?

Well, you could subclass the normal antiportal, change the Advanced>bMovable property to true, & then hard attatch it to your mover, & it will follow, because I've used moving blocking volumes like that.

However, I couldn't tell you if it'll still work as an antiportal, I honestly don't know about that, sorry.

Comment

Don't know but...
      1. use the mover's antiportal tag
      2. add a scripted trigger which changes the bEnabled property (normal event/tag link up. For this you could use the moverEvents>Opened event tag to trigger it!

Comment

Originally posted by i_doit3d
        I've been experimenting & haven't found a way to do this yet. Perhaps someone here can enlighten me on a way to do this. I tried searching & didn't find anything relevant to what I'm trying to do.

I have a mover (a building) which will rise out of the ground when a trigger is hit. Is there a way to have an antiportal follow the mover up out of the ground, so that when the mover is in it's place other items behind it will not be rendered? If not, what would be the best solution?
        I guess you didn't search UDN or UnrealWiki then...
        UDN's Antiportal Movers page.

These two sites should always be checked before posting here.

Comment

Working...
        X