This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CAN ANYONE HELP!!!!!

Man this is really ******* me off. How do I get the Maya 7.0 RT export to activate the toolbar so I can access it. The help menu url isn't working. Anyone please help!!!!!!

thanks

Comment

Does anyone here run Maya PLE 7.0.1? Seems actorX plugin doesnt want to load in this version, unless I missed something. Is there an easier way to do animations for UT? The only modelling app I know well is Rhino 3d, so Im kinda crippled in the animation/texturing department....any suggesstions?

Comment

Actor x wont work on that version since it doesnt work for the PLE

Comment

Is there a tutorial for exporting weapons from 7.0 PLE? I found one for another version of Maya (5.0, I guess), and I did everything it said, but when I try to export weapon mesh, I get the "Error: there is no character set in this scene!" message.

Comment

its because you havent added a character set to your model. and is there any news about this exporting bug with animations?

Comment

sorry

I have been tied up with the next version of Maya. I will have more time in the coming weeks to look at this issue.

On a quick note, I noticed that the fin is parented to the final joint. This may be the issue. Have you tried adding a bone across the fin and then animating the second to last bone?

Comment

ok guys about the animation problem when you hit the ut2004 help key you get a error if you read the error it says blah blah blah/maya 6/ blah blah blah

if this is part of the problem i hope it helps you figure it out

Comment

Originally posted by legioss
                  Have you tried adding a bone across the fin and then animating the second to last bone?
                  I did the rigging pretty quick; thought I had it right:P I don't follow your suggestion .

Comment

I went to the autodesk and they sayed I only gete 7 day trial whats this i want the software but i dont want only a free trial

Comment

Hi

I'm using Maya 7.0.1 PLE, and my plugin doesn't wrk properly either. I just wanted to get a cube I've made into UT2004, but he also told me something about a missing *.dll data, which I hardly couldn't find.
                      Are there now any news from Epic or Autodesk Alias?
                      Another question yet, to anyone here who is good at modelling: Could ya show me some tricks for easy modelling, my skills with Maya are this here: Novice.

Regards

38_Special

Comment

On the Editors Choice Edition DVD2 how do they get there scetches to line up on the axis? The have a front and side view and my scetches rotate around when I move.

Comment

And stay fixed to that axis. When I move the Camera the image moves as well.

Comment

Where do i get Maya??

Comment

Made Character set, but export still can't find it

I have followed 5 different tutorials trying to get my character to export from 7.0 PLE with no luck.

So far I have:
                              - double-checked and/or reinstalled all relevant drivers
                              - Made standard bi-ped polygon model
                              - Imported characer skeleton from the DVD-Rom Tutorials
                              - Soft-binded it to my polygon and adjusted all skin weights
                              - Created a Character Set from the parent joint of the skeleton
                              - Open the export Plug-in

I still get the error script ""Error: there is no character set in this scene!"

What am I missing?

Comment

there is a BIG problem with the animation exporter. it doesnt export animations. so basically if you made a model in ple 7 and it has animations, your screwed.

Comment

Working...
                                X