Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

ut2004 plugin for Maya 7.0PLE now available

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

glad I could help.

Just an FYI, all Mel Commands in Maya are case sensitive.

Comment

PLE ONLY???

i ve tryed to install on maya 7
      and it s wont work, tells me that i have no MAYA PLE installed :cry:
      so full maya is not a good thing for it?:alien:

Comment

I have Maya 7 but have not installed it yet (at the moment I use the PLE version), but maybe this page is what you're looking 4. http://udn.epicgames.com/Two/ActorX#...orter_plugins_ Hope that works, cause I'm also going to need it.

Comment

PLE ONLY???

ACTORX is 104 kb it s just an export plugin
          i thought they did something better than just simple export
          i saw there was some mel scripts some UI prob and docs
          but when i told maya ti use that .mll it said me !@!$$~!~ u need foundation.dll with some point:weird: soso where s ice

Comment

Urm, it's not related to modelling for UT, because quite frankly, I can't :noob: but is there a way to view the 3d model without having the maya PLE logo in the background? (being able to rotate that view would be good too)

Comment

Originally posted by LordJaffa
              Urm, it's not related to modelling for UT, because quite frankly, I can't :noob: but is there a way to view the 3d model without having the maya PLE logo in the background? (being able to rotate that view would be good too)
              Nope

Comment

Incase the maker of this plugin didnt know it wont let you export skeletal meshes into ut2004 with animations.

Comment

That is also the result I got; animations would not export

Comment

Are you sure you are doing it right? No offense, but unless you have the root joint selected when you are exporting and your animation exists as a trax clip, you will not get any animations exported.

This is also in the docs I wrote with the plugin.

Let me know if you still have problems.

Comment

I know how to export animations. It works fine in maya ple 5 but in maya ple 7 it just wont have it.

Comment

send me your scene and I can have a look. If it is not working, I can get in touch with Epic and get it fixed.

Later.

Comment

Here is a link to my old post concerning my problem; http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums...highlight=maya. I have since had a total hard drive failure that left all my files unreadable; everything was backed up except my new folder for Maya PLE 7, so I don't have the file anymore I could never get any response when I had the problem, so I just used the vehicle with no animation for the fins.

Comment

im with you unwheelmodeller
                            the exporter simply wont work properly(edit:animations sekeltons)
                            epic needs to fix it

Comment

I did not hit this with any of the tests that I did before we shipped the plugin. Unless someone can come forward with a scene to reproduce this, little can be done about it.

Any help on this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

legioss, I have recreated the basics of the tumbler file. The rigging was done quickly so the fins don't rotate exactly like they should. I tried to export and again the animations don't get exported. I have PM'd a link to the file.

Comment

Working...
                                X