This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    On the Editors Choice Edition DVD2 how do they get there scetches to line up on the axis? The have a front and side view and my scetches rotate around when I move.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi

I'm using Maya 7.0.1 PLE, and my plugin doesn't wrk properly either. I just wanted to get a cube I've made into UT2004, but he also told me something about a missing *.dll data, which I hardly couldn't find.
    Are there now any news from Epic or Autodesk Alias?
    Another question yet, to anyone here who is good at modelling: Could ya show me some tricks for easy modelling, my skills with Maya are this here: Novice.

Regards

38_Special

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I went to the autodesk and they sayed I only gete 7 day trial whats this i want the software but i dont want only a free trial

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by legioss
    Have you tried adding a bone across the fin and then animating the second to last bone?
    I did the rigging pretty quick; thought I had it right:P I don't follow your suggestion .

Leave a comment:

• replied
    ok guys about the animation problem when you hit the ut2004 help key you get a error if you read the error it says blah blah blah/maya 6/ blah blah blah

if this is part of the problem i hope it helps you figure it out

Leave a comment:

• replied
    sorry

I have been tied up with the next version of Maya. I will have more time in the coming weeks to look at this issue.

On a quick note, I noticed that the fin is parented to the final joint. This may be the issue. Have you tried adding a bone across the fin and then animating the second to last bone?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    its because you havent added a character set to your model. and is there any news about this exporting bug with animations?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Is there a tutorial for exporting weapons from 7.0 PLE? I found one for another version of Maya (5.0, I guess), and I did everything it said, but when I try to export weapon mesh, I get the "Error: there is no character set in this scene!" message.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Actor x wont work on that version since it doesnt work for the PLE

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Does anyone here run Maya PLE 7.0.1? Seems actorX plugin doesnt want to load in this version, unless I missed something. Is there an easier way to do animations for UT? The only modelling app I know well is Rhino 3d, so Im kinda crippled in the animation/texturing department....any suggesstions?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    CAN ANYONE HELP!!!!!

Man this is really ******* me off. How do I get the Maya 7.0 RT export to activate the toolbar so I can access it. The help menu url isn't working. Anyone please help!!!!!!

thanks

Leave a comment:

• replied
    legioss, I have recreated the basics of the tumbler file. The rigging was done quickly so the fins don't rotate exactly like they should. I tried to export and again the animations don't get exported. I have PM'd a link to the file.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I did not hit this with any of the tests that I did before we shipped the plugin. Unless someone can come forward with a scene to reproduce this, little can be done about it.

Any help on this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    im with you unwheelmodeller
    the exporter simply wont work properly(edit:animations sekeltons)
    epic needs to fix it

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Here is a link to my old post concerning my problem; http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums...highlight=maya. I have since had a total hard drive failure that left all my files unreadable; everything was backed up except my new folder for Maya PLE 7, so I don't have the file anymore I could never get any response when I had the problem, so I just used the vehicle with no animation for the fins.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X