Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm making a Morpheus like map......

Hi guys

Well i'm making a map based of DM-Morpheus, except it won't have hugh towers just the 3 tier platforms, no walls and will be in a different enviornment.

Heres my problems:-

1. How do i do a low gravity volume?

2. How do i do the bot pathing? Would i just use a lot of jumpspots?

3. How can i optimize the **** thing!? (the structures them selves will be made of BSP, but all the floors will have see through grating- so logic tells me if i place a anti portal i will get a H.O.M effect, obiously zones won't have an effect as the entire map is made within a giant cube which will be the skybox and cull distances can't really be used as everything will be close together & you can see through onto the next platform.

4. The environment the map will be in is a dark sky which is p!ssing down of rain, and thunder roars above with lightening shooting across the sky and hiting objects on the structure. Main thing i want to do is to get the lightening to hit the player sometimes when they jump from platform to platform and instantly fire them, only thing i can thing of is some how make a volume with a emitter tagged and have it some how moving back and forward, would this work?

Thx's guys for the help.

MsM:up:

Re: I'm making a Morpheus like map......

Not in UEd atm, so I won't remember everything.

1. Use a (Default?)PhysicsVolume, in properties change the Z-gravity to a lower number - normal grav is -900 I believe.

2. Not too sure. I have a map that has relative low gravity, maybe hlafway between normal grav and fullon low grav, and pathnodes worked just fine.

4. You'd need a custom script I think.

Comment

Use a (Default?)PhysicsVolume
      NO! Don't use a default physics volume, just use the Physics Volume. Under no circumstances should you place a DefaultPhysicsVolume in a map - the default one is what's created in any new map and is the default volume that everything else sits inside of.

2: Use path nodes connected to destination JumpSpots using forced paths, same as you would for setting xloc locations. If bots start falling to their doom a lot because they're not making the distance, set bForceDoubleJump to true in the JumpSpot (you shouldn't need to do this though, bots are fairly intelligent about distances). And of course, doing this will allow bots to xloc around the place if it's enabled.

3: It'll be easier to answer this after seeing the map

4: Do a forum search for lightning and similar keywords. Someone made a map a short while ago that had lightning strikes that actually killed players, maybe they'd be nice and tell you how to do it

Comment

Originally posted by DarkSaber
        Someone made a map a short while ago that had lightning strikes that actually killed players, maybe they'd be nice and tell you how to do it
        Triggered movers activated by the thunderclap sound.

Comment

And the movers being the endpoints of the beam emitters. Simple but effective

Comment

Originally posted by DarkSaber
            NO! Don't use a default physics volume, just use the Physics Volume. Under no circumstances should you place a DefaultPhysicsVolume in a map - the default one is what's created in any new map and is the default volume that everything else sits inside of.

2: Use path nodes connected to destination JumpSpots using forced paths, same as you would for setting xloc locations. If bots start falling to their doom a lot because they're not making the distance, set bForceDoubleJump to true in the JumpSpot (you shouldn't need to do this though, bots are fairly intelligent about distances). And of course, doing this will allow bots to xloc around the place if it's enabled.

3: It'll be easier to answer this after seeing the map

4: Do a forum search for lightning and similar keywords. Someone made a map a short while ago that had lightning strikes that actually killed players, maybe they'd be nice and tell you how to do it
            Thx's, whats this Xloc thing you talk about:weird:

Comment

Translocator.

Comment

Bots will use the translocator with jumpspots if they're configured properly.

Comment

Originally posted by Shuri
                  Translocator.
                  Ahhh i see.............

Comment

Working...
                  X