Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

does anyone know how to make a bullet trigger sliding door?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fecal Marmaset
    I can understand the trouble you're having, from the test I did,
    A shoot-triggered mover should be possible to close again.

I checked out the "easter egg" in Asbestos. It's a trigger and a mover, with a "counter" between them. Not to sure how the counter works.....but it may be a step in the right direction.

Good luck.

i checked the easter egg, it just a counter, and trigger the mover only one time
    that can't save me
    but anyway, i have made a mover looks a bit like what i need, but not as cool as the door q3 has
    i can use any kind of gunfire to open it and the trigger won't block the bullets, so the bullets can fly through when the door is open, and also i can move through the door, it will automaticlly open
    i set the mover initialstate as trigger_open_timed
    i will make a testmap

thx!

Comment

Originally posted by S-Dot
      just an idea: you could use a volume to trigger the door. Volumes are sending touch and untouch-Events afaik. Maybe even bullets entering the volume will send the event. But it's only a guess and just an idea...
      dunno how to make a volume acting as a trigger in ut2k3
      could u tell me how?
      thx!:up:

Comment

i checked the easter egg, it just a counter, and trigger the mover only one time
        Sorry about that....I thought that triggered more than once (just tested it)
        But it's a shoot/open door that returns. :bulb:

i can use any kind of gunfire to open it and the trigger won't block the bullets,
        No doors/movers block bullets afaik. I was working on a map, and noticed that too. So I played other maps like Face & Antalus......the bullets went right through the lifts and doors.

but anyway, i have made a mover looks a bit like what i need, but not as cool as the door q3 has
        What does the door, you want, look like? There are many Quakey like textures in UT2003. Can you post a pic?

Comment

i mean just act as a q3 door, not really looks like

i made a test map, there is 2 doors, one of them is triggered by volume(actually the volume send an event to a trigger, and the trigger send an event to the door)

that seems the best one i can make within ued
          it is here:
          http://moonflyer.fpscn.com/tem/DM-TEST-DOOR-1.ut2

Comment

Looks like you've figured it out....congratulations.

Comment

thx!

Comment

Working...
              X