Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My skies and and cliff-textures (large images!).

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    great! Thanks a lot.

And PS: a very cool avatar you've got.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks guys. The plan is, to release this, another blue 'light' one, and a red thick by the end or middle of the week.

Originally posted by Hazel.H
    Those are amazing :heart: I wish I was as good with photoshop Thanks for the tutorial.
    Actually, the photoshop part really isn't difficult, what I do is just color changes, transparency, erasing and stuff, pretty basic as you can see. Often things like this has more to do with ability to apply your thoughts into pictures and also having patience, it can take, well, in totaly time more than +10H working in a single sky like this, that is _not_ included any renderig within terragen, that is pure photoshop work. And then, there is regret, looking at the skies in the first post, I could really redo some of them to become better today, I noted some odd lighting and things in the clouds that really looks odd. When you create something that you think is so great, as I thought about this technique when I made the first sky, one becomes a bit edit-blind and its sometimes hard to se any errors.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Those are amazing :heart: I wish I was as good with photoshop Thanks for the tutorial.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Concider Those rock textures used

Is it ok if I mod them as long as I give credit ?

Edit just re-read first post "Do what you want just cred me for what i did" ... Ok will do

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Sky textures rock! Well, cliffs are cool as well, but I was particulary looking for skies... If only there were more artists out there, esp. those willing to share textures.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    http://developer.valvesoftware.com/w...box_-_Advanced
    Tutorial how to make them.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks a lot for these.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Ok, I've put up the Unreal conversions made by DG now, I also changed the text a bit, the cliffpack actually contains two subtle grasstextures, that I used for blending... I also added the licence info that someone asked for, its very simple, the standard, do what ever you want with them, just cred me for my work and everyones good.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Here is a (currently) temporary link to the TGA DDS and UTX versions of the two Packs on the DGUnreal web site.
    I figured I would post this for anyone who is in a hurry to use them in DDS/UTX format without having to import/convert yourself, plus the download is smaller. The UTX format is already set up for instant use.
    Hipshot may move these onto his own web space, so the links may change.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    those are freakin beautiful man, nice work! i'm going to use one in an upcoming map of mine, as a matter of fact.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by xblue_cn
    i would prefer tga rather than dds
    The TGA would really only be useful if you were planning on modifying the textures. For UT mapping, having them as DDS or UTX is fine.

I have converted the textures into DDS format and UTX format, including MaterialType properties etc. for the Cliff Pack, and complete Environment Reflection Maps for the Skybox Pack (Cubemap andTexEnvMap).

So the packs are now available in TGA, DDS, and UTX.
    For the DDS, simply import them into your map's MyLevel package with the MipMaps unchecked (off). Be sure to set MaterialType and Detail as appropriate.
    For the UTX, simply select the desired texture(s) and Rename them into your map's MyLevel package. Do not distribute the pack itself with your map.
    See the Readme file with each pack.

I'll leave it to Hipshot to post the links to the files here in this thread, they are his textures. :up:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Hipshot
    I will be making more of the skies later
    That is good to know.
    Your textures are excellent.
    Feel free to PM or email me in the future if you want me to DDS/UTX up any of your new textures (see my last PM to you).

I'm using the Interstellar one in my upcomming Q3 map.
    Map looks cool, you should look into mapping for UT2004, the UE2 engine is considerably more powerful than the Q3 engine.

@ DGUnreal, Yea, remembering that TV-screens too
    T:V is (was?) an excellent game... too bad that VUG killed it. I {gasp} enjoyed playing it more than UT2k4.
    The team at IG did a fantastic job at the game enviroments, especially their textures. Two of my UT2k4 maps that I am currently working on have a bit of a T:V flavour to them.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    cool stuff indeed, retail quality!!!
    i would prefer tga rather than dds

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks guys, there will be a tutorial on this, but not for a while, don't have time right now, you are not the first to ask this. I will be making more of the skies later, I'm so busy making maps and also my real life works take alot of time :/

I'm using the Interstellar one in my upcomming Q3 map.
    http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/3537/shot02247il.jpg
    http://img264.imageshack.us/img264/1592/shot02118mb.jpg

@ DGUnreal, Yea, remembering that TV-screens too, actually when I played Tribes II way back, one of the reasons why the game looked so good was because of the skies, I only played Vengence for like, 10min at a friends, I never got the game, but I see now, that the blue sky I so much enjoyed watch screens of from Vengence, really nailed itself onto my mind, actually I see now, that what I though was inspired from the Raven Shield airport map (which also is similar) really is more like the Vengence sky!
    http://img.gamespot.com/gamespot/ima..._screen017.jpg

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Great stuff! I'll consider using some of them in my works, too... Thank you! :up:

Leave a comment:

Working...
X