Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My skies and and cliff-textures (large images!).

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is a (currently) temporary link to the TGA DDS and UTX versions of the two Packs on the DGUnreal web site.
    I figured I would post this for anyone who is in a hurry to use them in DDS/UTX format without having to import/convert yourself, plus the download is smaller. The UTX format is already set up for instant use.
    Hipshot may move these onto his own web space, so the links may change.

Comment

Ok, I've put up the Unreal conversions made by DG now, I also changed the text a bit, the cliffpack actually contains two subtle grasstextures, that I used for blending... I also added the licence info that someone asked for, its very simple, the standard, do what ever you want with them, just cred me for my work and everyones good.

Comment

Thanks a lot for these.

Comment

http://developer.valvesoftware.com/w...box_-_Advanced
          Tutorial how to make them.

Comment

Sky textures rock! Well, cliffs are cool as well, but I was particulary looking for skies... If only there were more artists out there, esp. those willing to share textures.

Comment

Concider Those rock textures used

Is it ok if I mod them as long as I give credit ?

Edit just re-read first post "Do what you want just cred me for what i did" ... Ok will do

Comment

Those are amazing :heart: I wish I was as good with photoshop Thanks for the tutorial.

Comment

Thanks guys. The plan is, to release this, another blue 'light' one, and a red thick by the end or middle of the week.

Originally posted by Hazel.H
                  Those are amazing :heart: I wish I was as good with photoshop Thanks for the tutorial.
                  Actually, the photoshop part really isn't difficult, what I do is just color changes, transparency, erasing and stuff, pretty basic as you can see. Often things like this has more to do with ability to apply your thoughts into pictures and also having patience, it can take, well, in totaly time more than +10H working in a single sky like this, that is _not_ included any renderig within terragen, that is pure photoshop work. And then, there is regret, looking at the skies in the first post, I could really redo some of them to become better today, I noted some odd lighting and things in the clouds that really looks odd. When you create something that you think is so great, as I thought about this technique when I made the first sky, one becomes a bit edit-blind and its sometimes hard to se any errors.

Comment

great! Thanks a lot.

And PS: a very cool avatar you've got.

Comment

Working...
                    X