sky static meshes help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sky static meshes help

anyone know how to make or know where a good tutorial on making skyball static meshes(similar to the one in AW-Stellar) in 3ds max? I like that one but want a brighter, sunset type sky.

Then Just Replace the textures for in under the properties
    for that static mesh.

Comment

Ive tried doing that in the static mesh browser and going to the properties and giving it a skin with my texture and neither seemed to work.

Comment

see the problem is when I do that, the texture only goes on the outside of the sphere. if there was a way to put the texture on both sides then that would work.

Comment

Don't change the texture in the static mesh browser. Place the static mesh in your map, select it, go to the properties menu and open advanced settings. find and expand skins. press the add button to add a skin propertie. when you've done that select the texture you want to use and press the use button on the skin propertie. that should change the texture of the static mesh.
          if the mesh has multiple textures just add more skin properties and find out which one uses wich texture on the original static mesh.

hope it helps.
          greets carlsonnl

Comment

You need to use a twosided material for that. Make a shader or a finalblend material and put the texture you want to use in that (under Diffuse in a shader, or Material in a finalblend) then set the new material to twosided. Then use that as the skin for the skyball.

Comment

ah thank you! i got it to work after i changed balphatexture to true in diffuse.thanks for the info.

Comment

Comment

this is what I achieved from DarkSaber's help.the clouds texpan too!

Comment

Working...
                  X