Mirrors - how to?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mirrors - how to?

One of the guys i play with is working on a map and wants to build a room or group of rooms that have mirrors in them.... Any idea if this can be done... and if so how?

There's a Mirror check box in the Surface Properties, but you need to set UseStencil to True in the UT2003.ini file for them to show up. Keep in mind that if the people downloading your map don't set that to True (it's False by default) they won't see it.

Comment

Thanks for the quick response Angel Mapper... is there any way to hard code that into the level so it doesn't matter what someone's ini file is set to?

If not... is there a way to get a reflective surface ... like water... but use it as a mirror? I don't think that has to be hard coded or anything changed in the ini file.

The level my friend is thinking about will have a section like the room the the Bruce Lee movie "Enter the Dragon" the room of mirrors.

Comment

Water isn't reflective, mappers just put CubeMaps onto them to make it look like it is. And no, there's no way to hardcode it.

I don't think the idea will work anyway, a room of mirrors = hall of mirrors effect, since mirrors in games are perfect, unlike mirrors in real life.

Comment

Thanks Angel Mapper... i'll take your word for it... I'll let my friend know

Comment

Maybe - you could do a funhouse of cameras and monitors instead. see anglemapper's tutorial. The downside is that you can't see yourself.

Comment

Working...
            X