non-solid StaticMesh?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

non-solid StaticMesh?

I have added the teleporter static mesh from ut2003 into my map and placed a teleporter link inside, is there a way to make the static mesh not be solid or should I just place the teleporter icon just in front of it?

AHHHHHH!

CVROY

You can either go into the mesh properties and set all the Collision booleans to False, or go into the Teleporter's collision and set the CollisionRadius higher. In the 3d view hit Actors >> Radii View to see the radius of the teleporter.

Comment

I'm not quite sure i follow.... you mean you put a static mesh in for the teleporter base? and you put your teleporter "in" the base?

I'm not sure if i'm following you correctly... but if so... you want to put the teleporter on top of the base... in the air.... and most likely put an emiter there so it looks cool... to see an example of this open up another map that has a transporter inside it and see how they did it.

If this isn't what you meant disregard this post

Comment

Just set bBlockNonZeroExtentTraces to false in the coliision properties of the mesh to allow players to pass through.

Comment

Thanks For the suggestions

I will try these out when I get home from work and post how I made out

Thanks you all for the quick and speedy suggestions.

-CVROY

Comment

Originally posted by DarkSaber
            Just set bBlockNonZeroExtentTraces to false in the coliision properties of the mesh to allow players to pass through.
            That would be bBlockPlayers.

Comment

THANKS!!!

Thank you all that replied to this.

That did the trick

All teleporters are fully functional and the mesh they are in is now passable!

Now lets have a group hug

Comment

That would be bBlockPlayers
                Notice that BlockNonZeroExtents set to false allows players to walk through the mesh, effectively cancelling bBlockPlayers out You use Block Players, I use NonZeroExtents, it's all part of the same apple and tastes just as good Or something.....it's late, need bed.......lol

Comment

Working...
                X