X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sniping Volume?

Whats it do?

I searched and didnt find anything.

Is it to make bots hang around and snipe? Should i just make it small, does it need any settings?

wtf lol.

Didn't believe it existed, until I checked for myself, in the editor. Weird. :bulb:

No I don't know what it does. :weird:

Comment

The mysterious volume :P

Comment

major
        was i playing bf1942 dc with you the other day?

Comment

Personally i thought it would be a area in which bots hang about in and sniper to their heart content.

ut why would this volume exist because we have al scripts which tell the bots what to do???:weird: :weird:

MsM:up:

Comment

I don't think it's for bots to snipe from....

They have actors called shooting spots (or something similar) that looks like a little pistol when placed in the map for the bots to use as sniping positions

Comment

They're used with UnrealScriptedSequences to specify a spot for a bot to stand and snipe while defending in team games. Hah, I just wish more people would actually use ScriptedSequences in the first place, I hate dumb bots wandering randomly around a flag because there aren't any scripts telling them where to defend.

edit: I'll mention that Shootspots simply tell a bot to shoot whatever weapon they're currently holding, and are normally used in Bombing Run maps to get the bots shooting for the goal from a distance instead of trying to jump through while carrying the ball.

Comment

Originally posted by Necromancer
                major
                was i playing bf1942 dc with you the other day?
                If the otehr day means like 6 months ago then yeah prolly :P

I havent played for a long time.

Comment

SnipingVolumes are where the bots will shoot when camping on a Defense AI script (aka UnrealScriptedSequences). I'm pretty sure you only need these when the area to snipe is far away, usually the angle on the Defense spot will suffice.

Comment

Originally posted by ]SP[jONEz
                    SnipingVolumes are where the bots will shoot when camping on a Defense AI script (aka UnrealScriptedSequences). I'm pretty sure you only need these when the area to snipe is far away, usually the angle on the Defense spot will suffice.
                    correct!

Originally posted by drwhojm
                    I don't think it's for bots to snipe from....

They have actors called shooting spots (or something similar) that looks like a little pistol when placed in the map for the bots to use as sniping positions
                    That's for making shots in BR

Comment

Blitz Tutorial - Ownage

Sniping volumes and how they work with USS script sequences is a topic covered in Blitz's Advanced Botpathing Guide. I'd say this document is a "must bookmark" for mappers, especially n00b mappers (like me). :up:

Comment

n1 thanks

Comment

Working...
                        X