WOTgreal Exporter can now Preview Meshes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WOTgreal Exporter can now Preview Meshes

I've fixed a few bugs and added a major improvement to the WOTgreal exporter. Now for any package that has meshes that I know how to export into .3ds format, you can see an untextured 3D preview from within the exporter. If you see the preview, then it can be exported to readable and usable .3ds files.

Skeletal Meshes still can't be exported properly, but Static Meshes can. And now you don't have to load them into UnrealEd to see what's there, you can just point the Exporter to the package you want and scroll through the list.

The new exporter can be downloaded from the Download section at http://www.wotgreal.com either as a standalone binary or as part of the current development version.

Do they keep UVW's and smoothing groups?

Comment

To be honest I don't know, and I don't know how to test it out. It is whatever the TUTPackage can export. I know that the mesh itself (which to me means what the GLScene previewer can use to do a preview) is exported, I don't know about any of the other stuff that goes along with it, sorry.

I'm a modelling noob. In fact, after attending the Character modeling class at UU I know that I pretty much don't have the patience to do the modelling. That's another person's skill, not mine.

Comment

Working...
      X