Static mesh probs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Static mesh probs

Weeeel...I'm taking my time making a UT2003 map, because I'm more busy, have a new editor to learn and have to make custom everything...and I've hit a major hitch. Lighting is pretty much not working on my static meshes, I've no idea why. The textures were made by Subverse and packaged by me. The static meshes were made by me.

Anyone who remembers CTF-Double-X may notice this is a remake. Should be good. Unfortunately I made the original an experienced UEd2 editor. I'm making the sequel a newbie to static meshes and UEd 3. Shhh....ugar. Don't forget to drop by the greatest review site ever...http://umr.unrealism.com

I think the main problem is that the meshes are too low-poly. SMs use vertex lighting, so the more vertices, the better, as long as the mesh is well-constructed.

If vertices are hidden inside other meshes or BSP, that can also be a problem, it will cause the mesh to receive far less lighting than it should.

Comment

You could try using special lighting on problem static meshes. Properties -> lighting -> bspeciallit (? forget exactly) = true, for mesh and source lighting. Use a nice small radius on the lighting and tinker until satisfactory.

Comment

Working...
      X