Mirror problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mirror problems

Im having some problems with mirrors in 2k3. I have a wall set to mirror in a test map. Its nothin important just a wall with mirror set so I can see models and animations Im workin on from 1st person and stuff. Well in the editor I can click the joystick so the view is active I guess is the word for it... And the mirrors work just fine I can see everything reflected and the eye of the camera and everything. But once the game is running its just an ordinary wall. It looks just like all the other walls. Any idea whats up? Ive tried changing the textures and nothin works it still looks just like a normal wall even tho its mirrored in the editor and works fine in the editor...

There's something in the game or editor's .ini, that needs to be adjusted. I can't remember what it is....but someone will be along to tell you.:up:

(bump)

Comment

I shamelessly ripped this from my 3d Buzz class forum , Foamys post from yesterday "Go into the System folder of UT2003 and find the UT2003.ini file. Do a find for UseStencil it should say UseStencil=False change the False to True and do this for all Stencil references in this file. (This will enable the mirrors in the level)
      When you load it up go into settings and make sure that the:

Physics Detail is set to HIGH.
      Texture Detail is set to HIGH.
      Projectors are ON
      Detail Textures are ON"

Comment

ok cool they work now ty. Thats odd Ive never had to do that before its just always worked hmm =/ now I just need a way so that you can see your model in the mirrors in fp =)

Comment

is there a way that if people dont have these settings on you can make them view another texture? just so you dont get that ugly effect they give.

Comment

Originally posted by Aridale
            ok cool they work now ty. Thats odd Ive never had to do that before its just always worked hmm =/ now I just need a way so that you can see your model in the mirrors in fp =)
            dont think you can do that, cos your player character isnt rendered in your own view:|

Comment

unfortunatly there might be bad sideeffects coming with the useStencil setting.

For example the map is totally f*cked if you change from 32 to 16-bit rendering. That might not be important to you right now, but there might be other sideffects noone knows right now - So I guess this is set to false on intention. I would be carefull with it...

Comment

Working...
              X