Deathmatch In A Donut

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deathmatch In A Donut

I'd like to see a deathmatch map that takes place on the inside surface of a spinning wheel in space, one of those centrifugal force deals for simulating gravity.

I would like there to be a central hub with struts, lifts, ladders to get there from the wheel's inner surface.

Gravity would be outward from the wheel's center at all times of course, diminishing from full strength on the inner surface of the outer wheel down to nothing at the hub. There could be more than one level to the wheel, concentric wheels, with diminishing levels of gravity in each going from the outside in.

Don't know if it's possible to do this. If it isn't, it should be.

this is only possible with warpzones and spider physics, warpzones dont work very well and spider physcs allow you to walk on any wall. somebody would need to make a new actor for this. it would be very cool if somebody could do this but i doubt its possible because its been brought up so many times and nobody has done anything about it, i read a rumor that ut2007 might have it but i doubt its true

Comment

yeah could be fun but i hardly belive anyone is going to make it!

Comment

Haha dm- in a what man you are funny. Nice idea i hope one day it will be done.

Comment

I have to say, this is one of two things I would more then love to see in the Unreal Engine that is in the Serious Engine, the gravity types.

Examples: UT2k4 has gravity based on a physics area, and gravity goes in one direction in that area, and that's it. The Serious Engine allows gravity to be like that, or it can be centered around a point, going toward or away, cylindrical or spherical, specifying the power of the gravity and all such, why oh why does the Unreal Engine not have this...

The second thing (for note since I am on a roll), is map size. UT2k4's maximum viewable area is 65535uu, which even then will be tough to render no matter the system. The Serious Engine has some user maps that are over 100 cubic miles, and it still doesn't skip a beat. How, you may ask? It renders only things that change. If there is a mountain ten miles away, why the heck would you render it every frame? No matter how much you bounce around or anything, its perspective isn't going to change till you pass a certain range, so render it is a background and update it as necessary. If there are things over there that are static, they are part of backdrop, in all their glory, moving things are still rendered at that distance at a reduced lod, and reduced size and distance so floating point errors do not occur. It works, looks, and acts perfect. The afore mentioned mountain you can run right up to seeing everything on the way, nothing ever just pops into view (except enemies that are spawned in with there teleporter effect of course). There is no engine with more power in terms of distance rendering that I have yet to see. I have to truly say, if it had the modding capabilities of UT2k4 (and it does have modding capabilities, just not anywhere near as simple or powerful), I would never have switched from it.

Comment

Working...
          X