Psychic Abilities mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Psychic Abilities mod

I've been thinking for a long time... How about a Spychic Abilities Mod sound?

Here's the abilities I have in mind.
    All the abilities will be like Weapons.

Healing: Heals injuries.

Astrol Projection: Creates a controllable GHOST Form of yourself.
    WARNING: When projecting. Your body is vulnerable to ALL Attacks. Good for Scouting.

Psychic Impulse Blast: A Charge Psychic Energy blast from your hand.

Psychic Shockwave: Creates an explosion capable of pushing enemies back. Possibly on their butts. :P

Telekenisis: The ability to lift people, weapons and Vehicles into the air.

Invisibility: Makes yourself invisible to EVERYONE.

How does this sound?

Oh 1 more thing! Each player is start with a certain amount of Psychic Energy. If it hits 0 Your character will go blind for about 2 seconds. Recharging their Psychic Energy enough for them to see clearly. The creator can decide the Ability Cost and Total Psychic Energy. Does zis sound good?

Comment

How is invisibilty a psychic ability?

Comment

Well let me put it to ya this way. By wrapping yourself in your own psychic energy, You can become invisible to other people.
        In other words... You convince your enemies that you aint there.

Comment

This sounds to me like a total rip-off of psy ops (Not 100% sure about the game name). You can do (almost) everything you listed in that game.

Healing: in psy ops.
          Astrol Projection: in psy ops.
          Psychic Impulse Blast: in psy ops.
          Psychic Shockwave: in psy ops.
          Telekenisis: in psy ops.
          Invisibility: in psy ops.

Why not just tell that you got this idea from that game? Not that it matters much but yeah...

Comment

Actually... NO! I did NOT get that from PSI OPS. Instead, I got it from SECOND SIGHT. (Created by CODEMASTERS)

Comment

Nice :up:

Comment

Psy Ops isn't the only game geared towards psychic powers... I can't remember any off the top of my head but believe me it's not like Psy Ops was breaking new ground or anything.

Therefore it's kind of silly to claim thethread starter is intending to rip off Psy Ops - similarities are bound to occur when they share the same theme.

Anyways, this thread reminds me of that old west/native american mysticism-ish mod Damnation: Hell Breaks Loose (damnationthegame.com) although very loosely.

Basically all the characters have the ability to project their spirits from their bodies,and can use their spirits to possess the bodies of their enemies, and make them toss themself off of bridges and cliffs and shoot eachother in the face, etc.

Therefore I'd like to su ggest possession as another psychic ability.

Oh and an alternative reasoning for invisibility - the user could have it so that all the en emies in the room simply do not recognize the player or their eyes do not transmit the image of the player to the enemies's brains.

Or the user's telekinesis refracts the light around his or her body.

If you go the former route you could maybe make it not work against cameras or other electronic sensors - thatway you could use some psychic EMP blast to knock them out.

Comment

I aint trying to ripoff anything!! And besides. I forgot about Psy ops anyway! And.. yes that is a good idea.. being able to possess enemies... Now that sounds like fun! And the Invisibility. I oughtta... hmm... How about it making ya look like one of the enemies? Renaming it.. DECEPTION. That better?

Comment

Originally posted by Riktar
                    Psy Ops isn't the only game geared towards psychic powers... I can't remember any off the top of my head but believe me it's not like Psy Ops was breaking new ground or anything.

Therefore it's kind of silly to claim thethread starter is intending to rip off Psy Ops - similarities are bound to occur when they share the same theme.

Anyways, this thread reminds me of that old west/native american mysticism-ish mod Damnation: Hell Breaks Loose (damnationthegame.com) although very loosely.

Basically all the characters have the ability to project their spirits from their bodies,and can use their spirits to possess the bodies of their enemies, and make them toss themself off of bridges and cliffs and shoot eachother in the face, etc.

Therefore I'd like to su ggest possession as another psychic ability.

Oh and an alternative reasoning for invisibility - the user could have it so that all the en emies in the room simply do not recognize the player or their eyes do not transmit the image of the player to the enemies's brains.

Or the user's telekinesis refracts the light around his or her body.

If you go the former route you could maybe make it not work against cameras or other electronic sensors - thatway you could use some psychic EMP blast to knock them out.
                    Yes, I know, I'm just saying. I don't like when people think they're really innovative when in fact this has been done already... And they don't give credit to the makers of the game. I hope you get my point :up:

I also knew that there are more games like these. In fact, I have Psy Ops or Spy Ops (or whatever the game is called... Always get it confused!) on my Xbox.

Comment

Can ya fill me in a little about Psi Ops? Because Second Sight is kinda like Metal Gear Solid. Except with no radar and Psychic Powers.

Comment

anyway... This mod sound good or what?

Comment

Originally posted by LorinUT
                          anyway... This mod sound good or what?
                          Sure but I have no idea if these things could be done. I mean... Throwing people... This would definetely be possible in Half Life 2 where everything has its physics (karma?) but I don't know about UT2004... Almost everything is stationary. Normal karma doesn't work online... Heavy coding needed for all the above

Psi Ops... Action game with awesome physics, cool innovations, decent storyline. You have a psi meter that limits your power, there are a lot of physics puzzles (put this there... Remove this so this moves... A la Half Life 2 - FUN). Not very good multiplayer.

Comment

Well... There's a weapon that can move people and items. It's called an Industrial Anti-Gravity Mover. from U4E.

Comment

Second Sight! Yeah, that's another one...

Hey which was the game that was done by the same guys as TimeSplitters?

I love those guys.

TS2 = best console FPS since Goldeneye.

Comment

Working...
                              X