Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[gametype] a higher plane (or ghostly reflections)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[gametype] a higher plane (or ghostly reflections)

I was thinking of an idea for a gametype.
    I only have a general idea.

-Team Based
    -(not sure if it would be goal oriented or just a death match)
    -Two identical landscapes/arenas per map (one shady+hazy)
    -Players start out on Normal arena
    -Each person has a weapon which will spawn a portal.
    -Only you + your team mates can see the portals you make (invisable to other team)
    -When you step into a portal, you're transported to the other world.
    -You can see the other players only as a ghostly image
    -If you shoot the ghostly image, it'll do double damage to the actual player
    -While in the other world, you can only escape by a few randomly spawning return portals
    -While in the other world, you lose health at a steady rate
    -(if game is goal oriented, then you can't complete the goals from the mirrored world, only hurt players)
    -You re-spawn in whatever world you die in
    -If two people are in the ghostly world, they can't hurt each other, aka the only thing that hurts you in the ghostly world is the steady health drain

WOW

That sounds pretty cool
    Wouldn't it be hard?:noob:

Comment

This actually COULD be done. Angel Mapper made a map that was something like this. CTF-Phase Shift.

Comment

wow, after looking at the map description, it looks like the exact type of map that would be used in what I was describing in my suggestion (except for the transported cuz I had a weapon that took that role)

If someone could make it so if you shot at those ghosts it did double damage to the actual player and you constantly lost health while in the other map, it would be like 95% of what I was saying

Comment

\/\/()\/\/ lol good idea you got there lol pretty cool!

Comment

Cool idea. Just need to sell it to a modder.

Comment

Originally posted by T-Shinzon
              Cool idea. Just need to sell it to a modder.
              How much the normally buy for
              J/K

though there's probably nobody with enough free time to attempt it

Comment

That would be easy. All you'd have to do is replace the Emitters I normally spawned for the ghosts with an Actor of some kind that had a radius you could damage it with. Only problem is you'd have to make all players bAlwaysRelevant, which would be a big burden online.

Comment

oh, makes sense. I know you did a few weapons, how hard would it be to make a weapon with the function I was talking about, cuz if it's not to hard for someone to do, I could always start a recruit thing for it, I already am working on concept sketches since that's about all I could do as far as modeling goes (until I learn some programs besides bryce)

Comment

Working...
                  X