Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MOD REQUEST: Anti-Flag camping mod (details inside)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

L7, I would also like to thank you for taking the time to create and share this excellent mutator. I was fixing to post a message about customizing the flag shooting penalty, but it appears that Ginnie beat me to it.

Comment

Great work! I liked the mutator! It sure is a step in the right direction
      :up: :heart:

Comment

Yo Gin

We use the following settings so far:

[FlagProtection_V1.MutFlagProtection]

FlagProtectionTime=2.000000 ====>> ample time to give runners the chance to actually turn and run. Would be great if there were an option to make this value vary depending upon the quickest path (botpath) route between flagstands in individual maps...therefore the protection time would always be the same size proportional to how far a runner must run to get home (although that would suck for maps with no bot support)

FlagProtectionRadius=0 ====>>Not really needed with a 2 second ProtectionTime. 2 seconds gets u almost half way across barnburner (without multidodge) if u go @ your fastest.

bFlagHitPenalty=True====>>Campers Must DIE! Althought i would welcome a more adjustable variable here i.e. 0-999% damage reflection. IF this were the case i would set this to 50% damage reflection..gives u more room for survival should u hit the flag accidentally.

FlagHitRadius=48.000000====>>Default-Seems to work ok i.e. no accidental suicides. I might make this value 24.00 so it can't be hid behind! =D

FlagHitHeight=60.000000====>>Default-same as above

Things i would love to see added:

1:

If someone dies due to shooting the flag an announcement would be nice to name and shame them. I will hunt around for some neato sound effects for this.

2:

Might be nice if the flagrunner had an 'aura' or some form of glow to them whilst invulnerable. Would give defenders/returners a visual hint as to when they can shoot their adversaries (trying to balance out the advantage/disadvantage issue here)

3:

This one might be a little complicated but here goes. Would it be possible for a log to be generated containing info relating to who camped/shot the flag? Therefore the data could be used to highlight in game who the biggest flag-shooters are e.g. every time someone flag-shoots they get a star above their heads...5 stars and they get auto-kicked! Would be great to tempt someone with 4 stars to camp! lol.

Once again, thanks L7!

Comment

Well, it seems like this works and helps.

The penalty damage can be configurable to a set amount, a ratio, whatever. A check for flag carriers can also be added. That's easy.

The messages can be done. I don't know that you'd want a broadcast to all players though, maybe just the shooter to let them know. How often does it happen? Too often and broadcast messages get annoying real fast.

It should be showing the console death message "was incinerated for shooting the flag" or something. Right?

An invulnerability shader might be cool (overlay on player for the protection time). Might be a pain to keep checking the protection radius, but probably doable.

It's possible to track per player flag hits, but I'm not sure if it's worthwhile. I'm a decent shot, but I could see myself hitting flags on Barn Burner or Stadium, small maps like that. I don't want to get too psycho on people who just make a mistake.

If you have sounds or a shader script, post them or send them. Disgrace must have been made by someone. I see a camper message in the normal announcer voices, though. Someone could probably splice flag and camper together for a sound effect.

I'll move this to beta or full release forum when I get a new version worked up.

Comment

Originally posted by L 7
            Well, it seems like this works and helps.

The penalty damage can be configurable to a set amount, a ratio, whatever. A check for flag carriers can also be added. That's easy.

The messages can be done. I don't know that you'd want a broadcast to all players though, maybe just the shooter to let them know. How often does it happen? Too often and broadcast messages get annoying real fast.

It should be showing the console death message "was incinerated for shooting the flag" or something. Right?

An invulnerability shader might be cool (overlay on player for the protection time). Might be a pain to keep checking the protection radius, but probably doable.

It's possible to track per player flag hits, but I'm not sure if it's worthwhile. I'm a decent shot, but I could see myself hitting flags on Barn Burner or Stadium, small maps like that. I don't want to get too psycho on people who just make a mistake.

If you have sounds or a shader script, post them or send them. Disgrace must have been made by someone. I see a camper message in the normal announcer voices, though. Someone could probably splice flag and camper together for a sound effect.

I'll move this to beta or full release forum when I get a new version worked up.
            i'm still going ahead with mine at this point, gameplay was consideribly beter with your mut for the first few hour's, then everything changed to team's spaming their enemy's flag as they went in for a cap.....if you are going ahead with with more version's please be sure to add the penalty for shooting the enemy flag base too, and personaly i'd double the damage for that to also deture hideing behind the enemy flag for cover.

a downed flag in the middle of the map should at least have a setting to be protected or not....my project will protect every stationary uncontrolled flag.

good work for being a first effort in a gametype your not too familure with, unfortunetly the lamer's are lamer then you planed on.

Comment

Thanks L7, your continued support is a great help indeed!

I will hunt for some SFX today and send them to you in .wav and .mp3 format.

Best of luck with the updates. Speak soon.

istari

p.s., if its useful my msn = mikethomas_uk@hotmail.com

Comment

Thanks L7!

As it is, the first day of the release your mut got loaded to 3+ servers, one of which is the #1 for frags on the stats page!

You're getting somewhere for sure

For suggestions and feedback from the experience on OUR server, feel free to check out our boards bud!

http://www.bear-chutes.com/bb2/viewt...345&highlight=

Wild is also coming out with one, but I feel that whatever gets here the sooner, the better

With a few upgrades like the ones mentioned, I think this would almost be complete - that's good stuff

As for stats, we won't be tracking em as we've got no way to really do that, but if it's easy enough, the more feature-rich the better

Thanks again man, you're gonna help change the face of "defense" forever

Comment

Guys, I made a thread for a new version of this mutator here:
                  Flag Protection

There's a lot of tweakable settings now, and it's pretty obvious when you are hitting the flag or a protected carrier. You should be able to scale it back to what it was in Version 1 if you like to keep it simple.

Comment

Working...
                  X