• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Its a .....

*BUMP*

Leave a comment:

• replied
    any desires to implement different colors into the shield of the shield or even the gun itself? that would also be great:up:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Sure, as soon as I get around to doing it, been buisy.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Sorry if I was too vague, but I won't be able to post on this forum much in the near future, could you just PM it to my friend, ShadowWrâth? (The â is Alt 1 3 1)

Ty, SvL

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Slip777
    What do you mean? Do you want it for the shield to never run out of ammo, or do you want no damage at all when falling with shield gun?
    If possible, both. So it won't use up ammo when held out, and it won't take damaage when shot.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The amount of damage the ShieldGun takes away is limited by how much ammo it has. For the ShieldGun to be truly "unlimited", I would think this limit should be taken out, but for balance reasons it should probably be left as is, or even changed. Maybe you could have it as an option for the mutator?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by SvL

EDIT: Hey Slip777?? If you can figure out how, can u make it so that the shield will never reduce, or raise its regen time?? Since it will still lower on damage, and that is not going to help me goop jump as much.
    What do you mean? Do you want it for the shield to never run out of ammo, or do you want no damage at all when falling with shield gun?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Slip777
    Well since this is the Mod Request forum..I guess i'll make it for you in my spare time, expect it soon. I might also add some nifty features to it .
    I will thoroughly pour over your code once you send it so I can learn it all. :heart: And I will credit you in my maps credits.

EDIT: Hey Slip777?? If you can figure out how, can u make it so that the shield will never reduce, or raise its regen time?? Since it will still lower on damage, and that is not going to help me goop jump as much.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    You know... if you built in the old skin from UT of the shieldgun making it the impact hammer life would be grand. Not to mention changing the sound of it too. it so grates on the nerves.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by SvL
    :bored: I must be virtuous according to Slip777's user text........because I seriously have no clue what I am doing. I've looked at the tutorials on Wiki, gotten amazing help from good people here, and I still don't get it (You may shoot me now). I don't like being pessimistic, but I don't think I'll ever get past the most basic crappy stuff thats easier than this. I think I'll stick with mapping, UScript isn't for me......... (Now if someone would PM me how to do it, or just do it for me.......I could try to do something in return.......*sniff*)

EDIT: Let me expand. I am fine up until the part where I make it into a selectable mutator and make it a default startup weapon. I do not know where I should put the great code given (I didn't even make it myself) to me. Is it supposed to be in the main .uc file?? Or should it be in its own separate file? Every time I do something that to me looks fine, there is always an error like Error, bad or missing expression in 'if'.
    Well since this is the Mod Request forum..I guess i'll make it for you in my spare time, expect it soon. I might also add some nifty features to it .

Leave a comment:

• replied
    :bored: I must be virtuous according to Slip777's user text........because I seriously have no clue what I am doing. I've looked at the tutorials on Wiki, gotten amazing help from good people here, and I still don't get it (You may shoot me now). I don't like being pessimistic, but I don't think I'll ever get past the most basic crappy stuff thats easier than this. I think I'll stick with mapping, UScript isn't for me......... (Now if someone would PM me how to do it, or just do it for me.......I could try to do something in return.......*sniff*)

EDIT: Let me expand. I am fine up until the part where I make it into a selectable mutator and make it a default startup weapon. I do not know where I should put the great code given (I didn't even make it myself) to me. Is it supposed to be in the main .uc file?? Or should it be in its own separate file? Every time I do something that to me looks fine, there is always an error like Error, bad or missing expression in 'if'.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Try this

Code:
    function string GetInventoryClassOverride(string ShieldClass)
    {
          if(ShieldClass ~= "xWeapons.ShieldGun")
    	  ShieldClass = "YOURPACKAGE.UnlimitedShieldGun";

if(NextMutator != None)
    		{return NextMutator.GetInventoryClassOverride(ShieldClass);}

return ShieldClass;
    }
    Copy and paste exactly as it is, this will make u spawn with an UnlimitedShieldGun instead of a regular ShieldGun.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'm still confused..... :cry: Where should I put the code to make you start with it?

EDIT: Ok, I think I found it, but it says: Error, Bad or missing expression ofter '&&'

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Re: *Sigh* An Unlimited Shield Gun

Originally posted by SvL
    Code:
    case "XWeapons.ShieldGun": if (bShieldGun) return "UnlimitedShieldGun";
    I believe this is the part at fault. You need to return the full class name (ie. "XWeapons.BioRifle", not just "BioRifle"). So if the name of the package containing the UnlimitedShieldGun was "UnlimitedShieldGun", you'd put:
    Code:
    if (InventoryClassName ~= "XWeapons.ShieldGun" && bShieldGun)
        return "UnlimitedShieldGun.UnlimitedShieldGun";
    Also, you can use a switch block, but that's case sensitive, meaning it will override "XWeapons.ShieldGun" but not "xweapons.SHIELDGUN".

Leave a comment:

• started a topic *Sigh* An Unlimited Shield Gun

*Sigh* An Unlimited Shield Gun

Ok. A big thanks to the people in the Coding Section, but I feel like more of a mapper.... So I'm asking someone who can get this to work, to get it to work.

And a big TY to neoflame for the code.
    :noob:

Code I have:
    Originally posted by neoflame
    In UnlimitedShieldGun.uc:
    Code:
    class UnlimitedShieldGun extends ShieldGun;

defaultproperties
    {
        FireModeClass(1)=UnlimitedShieldAltFire
    }
    In UnlimitedShieldAltFire.uc:
    Code:
    class UnlimitedShieldAltFire extends ShieldAltFire;

function Timer()
    {
        if (!bIsFiring)
        {
            RampTime = 0;
            if ( !Weapon.AmmoMaxed(1) )
                Weapon.AddAmmo(1,1);
            else
                SetTimer(0, false);
        }
        else
        {
                if (Weapon.ClientState == WS_ReadyToFire)
                    Weapon.PlayIdle();
                StopFiring();
        }

SetBrightness(false);
    }

defaultproperties
    {
        AmmoPerFire=0
    }

Code:
    function string GetInventoryClassOverride(string InventoryClassName)
    {
        switch (InventoryClassName)
        {
            case "XWeapons.ShieldGun": if (bShieldGun) return "UnlimitedShieldGun";
        }
        return Super.GetInventoryClassOverride(InventoryClassName);
    }
    Note: The top two parts of the code do work, but I have to have the Unlimited Shield Gun forced using the Arena mutator.
    Now normally, I would try to figure this out myself, but I have so much homework, and my whole map is being help up by this thing.

So if one of you coders could quickly put together a mutator that replaces the Shield Gun with this Unlimited Shield Gun, I'd be eternally grateful. (And you might earn a picture of a cookie, if I can find one :bulb: )
Working...
X