In Search of TDM Map Authors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In Search of TDM Map Authors

I'd like to commission someone to create a TDM map for my clan. Any suggestions? The obvious choice would be Phillip "Soma" Urlich who created Goose & Waisten but I've emailed him and got no reply

ok, what do you want made(details, not just a TDM map for my clan. Maybe hand drawn pics of some of the things you want in it)
    time limit? When do you want/need it done.
    These are neccesary to get many responses.

Comment

Thx Fox. What I mean by a TDM specific map is that it should be designed specifically for that type of game play. The author "Soma" has done this very successfully with Goose & Waisten... in fact both of which are used in TDM ladders. This basically means that gameplay should come first. And should be large enough to accomadate a 4v4 or 5v5 field without being spammy. Unfortunately, I don't have any drawings but our clan would love to see the map take an urban decay type theme. Desolate factory/building (inside, outside or mix of both)... some graffiti mixed throughout. But again we are mainly concerned with gameplay and flow. We are not intrested in maps that have lots of eye candy and useless objects laying about. Maps like Goose, Waisten, Goliath, Saiko, Osiris are great examples. Hope this helps a little.

Comment

that is exactly what a mapper that is considering doing what you want needs. So, grafitti, a sort of abandoned city, enough space to move through but some small passages to add to the gameplay. That sounds like a good theme for a map. Hope someone makes this! It seems rare to get anyone to make something specific for a clan so expect this to be released publicly unless you have a mapper in your clan. Im trying to learn maya but i cant spend much time on it so im needing someone to do my Fox McCloud model (see sig)

Comment

Releasing to the pub is no probs at all. We would just like to see certain clan flavors incorporated.... and maybe a say or two on weapon/power up placement but that's it.

Comment

i made a map called DM-1on1-PleasantValley, and its pretty fun for 1 on 1, but great for either 6 player dm or 3 vs 3 tdm. heres a link to the thread.

pleasant valley

Comment

Working...
            X