Jaffa Staff Weapon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jaffa Staff Weapon

From the Stargate SG-1 series, obviously...

Looks: like the original, though maybe slightly shorter.

Suggested features:

-Prim fires fairly big but sleek orange-yellowish energy projectiles at the rate of 2/sec. Range "unlimited", 45-50 DP per shot, projectile speed slightly faster than Link Gun's. For increased authenticity the projectiles' power could be made to diminish somewhat over greater distances. Hit effects should include charring, smoke, flash, sparks etc., like in the series. Also there's significant momentum transfer, i.e. the target gets thrown back.

-Alt is used for melee combat, to basically smack people up with the staff itself. Could be like ~40 DP per blow.

[Edit] You could in fact have several melee attack animations (poke, horizontal swing, blow to head...), each having its own -balanced- properties re speed, momentum transfer, hit probability & damage dealt. The (overhead swing) headblow, for example, would do the greatest damage, but would be more difficult to land than a (less damaging) horizontal sweep. The poke would be the weakest of the 3, but this would be compensated by its superior speed (quick repeated jabs). Sweeps would have the greatest momentum transfer ("player push"), and could be used for knocking players into lava etc. Jabs would have just a little transfer, and headblows practically zero. Attack types could either be controlled by mouse taps (i.e. 1 quick tap = attack #1, 2 quick taps = attack #2 etc., holding Alt down charges up for super blow), or switched between by pressing down Alt and using the mouse wheel. In the latter case all attacks could have a charge-up function (press & hold Alt, release to strike).

-Prim, held down + Alt doubles the ROF while halving the damage.

-Alt, held down + Prim charges the weapon at the rate of 10 DP/sec (baseline ~50, max 100). The weapon holds its charge until either Prim (fire) or Alt (abort) is released.

-The weapon doesn't require any ammo pickups, but regenerates at the rate of 10 energy points/sec. Regular shots drain 10 energy points, rapid fire 5/shot. Or something along these lines.

-The purple-blue "eye" at the end of the staff is animated ("swirling energy" can be seen inside), and so is the business end (the 4 "petals" open and yellow "electricity" flows over them just before the main discharge). The petals open wider during super charge-up.

For (more) general info about the original SG-1 weapon, see for example this site.

That does look like a good idea, I hope someone can do it :noob:

Comment

Yeah, one can always hope (what exactly does it take to get something made around here?? Guess it has more to do with having the right "connections" than with the quality of one's proposals. Yeah, yeah, so what else is new... ). Anyway, check out the edit; a good design just got a little better (if I do say so myself ).

Comment

Teal'c saturday night special deathglider staff, for anti veichle and anti everything else in general staff of poking

Zat gun would be cool to:up:

Comment

You might be interested in this mod

Comment

Originally posted by Bishop Gantry
            Teal'c saturday night special deathglider staff, for anti veichle and anti everything else in general staff of poking

Zat gun would be cool to:up:
            Indeed... The glider staff should be easy enough to do, just double the power output etc. (hitting people over the head with it might be a bit difficult, though ). The Zat, otoh, might be a bit more problematic. I mean, if you want to keep things reasonably authentic, the first shot would stun, the second kill & the 3rd one disintegrate, but once you've stunned someone it's really a piece of cake to hit him again & kill him (sitting duck). Basically this would make it a kind of instagib, and (thus) more powerful than the staff which is kinda weird. Maybe you could make it so that you have to hit someone several times to fully stun him -- each shot takes some health & slows down the target a bit, and/or gives it "llama vision" a la Jailbreak.

Originally posted by Zentak
            You might be interested in this mod
            Well I'll be damned, a total conversion! Looks very professional. :up: Are you on their team by any chance? I'd like to know what features the staff etc. will have, and whether it and the other weapons (and models/vehicles/maps/voice packs, if any) will be available as separate downloads. Personally I'm more into DM with custom models & weapons than into (mission-based) total conversions, though I will definitely be downloading this one when it's finished.*

*Could take a while I'm afraid, as it apparently started out as a 2k3 conversion, and is still in deep alpha according to the website. Perhaps some of the weapons could be released earlier?

Comment

No i'm not member of the team, i just gave some the feedback when the mod started, but the development takes ages and i got bored with waiting.
              However, there's an English section in the forum, you can ask for those questions there

Comment

I tried to register but for some reason it doesn't work, don't get a confirmation email & can't post (though the board does recognize my handle). So I sent them an email instead. I'll let y'all know what they said, if anything.

Comment

It is a great mod

but still under development

Greetz

Dragunov

Comment

I CANT UNDERSTAND THAT LANGUAGE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by LorinUT
                      I CANT UNDERSTAND THAT LANGUAGE!!!

Khrwhat? French?

Comment

This kind of looks like the staff you get in Unreal II awakenings
                        But still curious about what you can come up with - good luck

Comment

You mean the shock lance? The Izarians carry that.

Very potent against machines.

Comment

Personally, I think I'll wait for this.
                            Question: How long will it take to finish the first Stargate SG-1 Game? What's the current status?
                            Answer:
                            The game will be reased late 2005 and has been in development for some time now at Perception.
                            Question: On which engine is the game based on or is it self made?
                            Answer:
                            It is based on a heavily modified and graphically enhanced Unreal 2.5 engine.
                            Hang on... late 2005?

Comment

Originally posted by Zyklon
                              This kind of looks like the staff you get in Unreal II awakenings
                              But still curious about what you can come up with - good luck
                              Its a staff it shoots bolts, similarities pretty much ends there...

Comment

Working...
                              X