UT2004 Warhammer 40k TC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UT2004 Warhammer 40k TC

I am planning to make a total conversion mod for Unreal Tournament 2004 some time in the near future, except i have a distinct lack of skills/modders.

I am here to ask this community if anyone would like to help me creating this mod...

Being inspired from different mods on different games i have decided i would love to make a total conversion of UT2004 based in the Warhammer 40,000 universe. For those of you familiar with WH40k, you will know the amount of background and armies that are available, making it a good theme to base a mod on for the sheer scale of the warfare and intensity of fighting, and i think a lot of atmosphere could be created with the right people and skills. For those of you not versed in this wonderful universe please check out http://www.games-workshop.com that will tell you everything (nearly) about it. I want it to be about the large scale warfare that WH40K promotes, including players being able to lead NPC squads (not sure if this is possible) and variations on classes depending on your style of fighting in game, whether you prefer getting up close and personal, or fighting from afar. I would also like to include armoured vehicles which players could ride to travel the distances which i would love to be possible.

Now I'm here to ask for your help as I could never create this on my own. I have basic Unreal Ed skills which i have decided to learn as i want to help as much as i can with the creation of this mod. I also have quite good 3d Studio Max skills, which have developed from the other mod i am currently working on (which is also a Warhammer 40,000 TC for another game)

If you have the skills in anything that can help and you would love to be part of the creation of this, whether it is 3d modelling or 2d art skills, coding, mapping, sound editing or if you just have some cool ideas i would love to hear from you. Experience in Warhammer 40,000 is not necessary as information can all be provided, but it is a plus. If you would like to help or just talk with me about any ideas you have either reply on this thread or email me at war2099@gmail.com or add me on msn at ingmantom@hotmail.com.

Im afraid I haven't got any models to show you at the moment as my 3ds Max has decided to pack up

Soon I will post a rough outline of what i want to include with teams and game mechanics etc... if i get enough interest

Thanks for reading.

Greetings fellow 40k fan, that sounds cool, if you need help, talk to me on this forum, I can model, but Im not that experienced, but Ill get better.

Comment

Thanks for the reply!

If you could add me on msn and we can talk further...?

ingmantom@hotmail.com

I got some good ideas

Comment

Hmm, i dont think you should call it Warhammer 40k, cause then it'll be like telling people that you want your head sliced of with a sword marked (C)

Comment

Lol, of course it won't be called Warhammer 40k. It's just to let people know what the mod is about, the mod name is still wip

Comment

we need orks! plenty of them! if i dont see any i will be mad!
            warhammer 40k rules! (especially orks!)

Comment

Originally posted by jcdenton
              we need orks! plenty of them! if i dont see any i will be mad!
              warhammer 40k rules! (especially orks!)
              Thinking about it, maybe we could base this mod on the Armageddon war?

Imperial Guard and Orks aplenty

Comment

Please do a search on this subject, as it comes up about once a month. You should pool your skills with the dozens of others who are currently trying to start up this very same mod.

Comment

I have done a search and came up with one result of a warhammer 40k TC, and a few of just WH40k models.

If you played warhammer you would know the scope of things which are included in it, such as all of the teams and wars taking place... it may well be the be the case that there is another 40K TC, but they might not be focusing on the same aspect.

Comment

Rather team up with http://www.ut40k.com/ than start a different TC.
                    It will be increase your chances of releasing a real mod

Comment

Originally posted by Zentak
                      Rather team up with http://www.ut40k.com/ than start a different TC.
                      It will be increase your chances of releasing a real mod
                      They are not doing the kind of thing that I want to make with this mod, atm theirs just looks like DM with warhammer models...

Comment

A mod like this already exists for Half Life.
                        Maybe the makers of them can help you.

Comment

Maybe they can, Ill see if I can ask them.

Atm, I'm working on the playable classes, and the game mechanics, and I might be posting them shortly. WIP remember, due to balance..

Comment

It would very cool

my favorits are Chaos marines and Necros

Also it would be fun if we added all faction (maybe a tad overkill )
                            or add just 4 factions: Space Marines, Chaos Marines, Orks and Eldar like in Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War

we could have levels like this one (from warhammer 40k: DOW)

2v2 - Space marines vs. Orks

more here
                            http://blooddawn.dk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14

Comment

Would you like to help in the creation of this mod then?

if so email me at war2099@gmail.com

Comment

Working...
                              X