No announcement yet.

Unreal Flight Simulator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A large scale map is feasible (Lineage II uses the UT engine and from what I've seen of it the map is enormous) but don't know if it's feasible with only mod-level access to the Unreal engine.

When you boil it down, UT2k4 is a tactical simulaton. I don't think it would be possible to do a strategic level sim. For instance, in MS Flight Sim 2004: Century of Flight, I can fly from Miami to California in one shot. Or in CFS3, you can bomb France from your base in England. The map would have to be absolutely enormous, not to mention textures.

If you're really looking for a good flight sim fix, I'd suggest picking up IL-2 Sturmovik or IL-2: Forgotten Battles. Hands down the most realistic combat simulator out there.

However, if this ever gets off the ground (pun intended) I'd love a crack at modelling some aircraft for it.

Comment

Thanks for the reply, however i wasn't thinking of one big map.

I was thinking of suitable sized maps like we currently have in unreal, however maybe a tad bit bigger. The planes would also be scaled so everything is proportionate.

Please understand. It would not consist of one big map like combat flight simulater. It would consist of lots of standard sized maps that are all scaled

Comment

Working...
      X