Unreal Flight Simulator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unreal Flight Simulator

I think a flight simulator would be agreat mod for UT2004.

Could you just imaging spawning in all sorts of fast jets to sluggish bombers and even helicopters and flying round on a map full of trees, buildings, mountains, dodging and weaving your way to lose the enemy who is locked on your tail.

You could work as a team and assault the enemies airbase or go in a free for all deathmatch, etc.

Basically. I know that there are a few, at least, who would love to see this as a total conversion mod!

A few replies here and there would be quite nice! :down::sour:

Comment

theres a vehicle that complies with sctual flight physics,
      the phoenix bomber
      its not in many maps because not many people know how to fly it, but its not a bad vehicle
      http://www.gskills.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1974
      for a flight map

Comment

Cool!

I'll take a look at it. Although i still think there should be a total conversion for an actual flight simulator

Comment

would be kinda interesting

Comment

there was a airfight for ut99 mod it was really good and it had fighterplanes and stuff. i think they are makeing a new one for 2004

Comment

i hope they fly with real plane, etc charecteristics!
              because thats what i mean by a flight sim .

Something similar to crimson skies for the xbox would be awsome!

Comment

there is something like that its a map called Airpower III its the final version wat gavwe that away but i would link it if i knew how to link :bulb:

Comment

I know there is airpower, however i wouldn't call that a flight simulator!

Airpower is cool and is the closest yet to a flight sim on the unreal engine, however, what i would like to see is a proper TC Flight Simulator that has real flight charecteristics.

Play a real flight simulator and you will see what i mean. We do need a flight simulator.

Comment

o ok

Comment

Thanks for the reply anyways :up:

Comment

I'm just curious, but how would you make a landscape big enough in UE2 to cater for a flight sim? Would it be done by changing the scale of things or some other way. Also how would you get around flying into the edges of a map.

Like I say, just curious how these problems would be solved. Great idea though to have a flight simulator. Jets would be awesome.

Comment

It wouldn't have a landscape like CFS3 if thats what you mean (where it is one continuous map that spans the whole of europe)

It would consist of loads of suitable sized maps with skyscrapers and the lot that you can dodge and weave through.

Also the bit about stopping you crashing into the edges of the map. A volume could be used to let yiou know you are exiting the flight arena and maybe even turn you around?

Also like you said changing the scale of things sounds like a great idea to make maps seem bigger when there actually regular size. Great pointer there :up:.

All i wish is that i couild code, model, map, skin, the lot really.
                          However all i can do is:
                          Make maps (that aren't very good)
                          and i am learning to code, well trying (i prefer coding to mapping, etc)

(Also i would have an excuse wipe the dust of of my sidewinder .)

Comment

The volumes may work ok to prevent flying into the edge of the map. It might also help to make your maps, or maybe volumes, spherical in shape so as to prevent people flying into corners of a cube shaped map. This might also help the auto turn around feature.

I'm more interested in the modelling and skinning myself, although I can map too. If you ever get the details for this idea into place and it all seems workable then I'd be happy to model some aircraft for it. :up:

Comment

Originally posted by Spam Saviour
                              The volumes may work ok to prevent flying into the edge of the map. It might also help to make your maps, or maybe volumes, spherical in shape so as to prevent people flying into corners of a cube shaped map. This might also help the auto turn around feature.

I'm more interested in the modelling and skinning myself, although I can map too. If you ever get the details for this idea into place and it all seems workable then I'd be happy to model some aircraft for it. :up:
                              Awsome
                              However, i doubt i will be able to get it all together because all i am is a n00b coder and mapper
                              By that i mean i can make reallly simple things. However its how you start.:noob:

Comment

Working...
                              X