Big RTS like mod idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big RTS like mod idea

I'm not really into developing mods myself, but I have this idea which could be quite cool, but also quite hard to create I think.

The game would consist of two large teams, both teams will have 1 commander who can give orders to anyone on their team and order construction plans.
    Every player will be spawned as a standard infantry unit, with a light machine gun and a melee weapon, they can enter vehicles and pick up new weapons.
    The commander can choose the vehicles to be spawned in his base, depenping on how much credits he has, he can choose the vehicles to be built and deployed in the base.
    To build a base he must use the main building to build construction vehicles, a construction vehicle is something like a big truck which can deploy into a building (like the MCV from C&C), and whenever a building is deployed it's functions become available to the commander.

Example:
    A radar outpost enables the radar minimap.
    A vehicle factory enables the construction of ground vehicles.
    A shipyard enables the construction of boats.
    A hangar enables the construcion of aircraft.
    A barracks enables additional weapon pickups for infantry and faster respawn times.

Credits could be earned by harvesting somekind of ore or something, I can't think of anything 'original' at this moment.

That's it for now, I hope you guys like it.
    Post your comments and suggestions here and please let me know if someone is going to make or is already making something like it and I missed it

As I said, I'm not much of a modder myself, but I'd love to see something like this being done.

I'd say buy the game C&C renegade and immediatly have it all.

Comment

I do have C&C renegade, never played it multiplayer though, but I doubt it has what I mean...

But since you're not willing to post a decent comment or suggestion or pointing me to something that I missed out on and comes close to what I have in mind, I'll just give up, because I don't think there will be anyone here who could be helpfull or willing anyway...

And don't think I'm just a stupid idiot who quickly feels being stabbed in the back, it's just that I have seen this happen a lot here... This community really is something that I would call a professional one, small open communities are a lot better than this and I think it's time to delete my account and get the hell out of here.

My point is made, see ya...

Comment

Just to let you know there is aan RTS being developed

I can't wait

Its called USkaarj.

Comment

I don't think anyone accuse you of feeling stabbed in the back... ...bipolar maybe, but not betrayed. :P

There's also Savage, that seems to be a better game than Renegade.

And another RTS mod if Uskaarj doesn't do it for you.
          http://ua.tauniverse.com/

But I don't know that either of them allow 1st person play.

Comment

caravaggio give us cow!!!

Comment

Originally posted by [mOo]DooM
              I do have C&C renegade, never played it multiplayer though, but I doubt it has what I mean...

But since you're not willing to post a decent comment or suggestion or pointing me to something that I missed out on and comes close to what I have in mind, I'll just give up, because I don't think there will be anyone here who could be helpfull or willing anyway...

And don't think I'm just a stupid idiot who quickly feels being stabbed in the back, it's just that I have seen this happen a lot here... This community really is something that I would call a professional one, small open communities are a lot better than this and I think it's time to delete my account and get the hell out of here.

My point is made, see ya...
              Well, I highly doubt you are still here anyway or even reading about the posts you made, which confuses me as to why you would have posted here in the first place...

It's funny that you would post about small communities being better because they are open when You don't seem very open at all. You actually seem pretty close minded and impatient as one can see by the above post.

There is a mod in development that sounds something like this. Maybe you can check it out or give the developing team some suggestions. It's called Dark Harvest. You can find the website here: www.darkharvest.com

Otherwise, Savage is a game that sounds like what you are asking for. ...Ultimately it doesn't matter because you've probably cancelled your account and won't read this anyway. I've wasted my time, so thanks for that.

Comment

That dark harvest thing does indeed look good. I hadn't heard of it before the MSU finalists so it still has that appealing underdog thing going on.

Originally posted by annihlius
                caravaggio give us cow!!!
                ...I'm being stalked.

Comment

hmmm

sounds like a game i like check it out get the demo www.forums.s2games.com/
                  www.s2games.com/
                  this what you mean?

Comment

Working...
                  X