Mutator idea - Fair Battle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mutator idea - Fair Battle

In most games the bots/enemies damage you less with a weapon than you damage them with that same weapon.

This mutator is to make this fair. If anyone makes this and an user activates it, the bots will do same damage to you as you do to them.

I know that the difficulty level increases the damage bots do.
    But some people want the bots to be more "calm" but still do the same damage as you do.

Comments please.

Looks like people like to have that advantage. No responses. I guess they would like to have the ability to deal more damage than the multitudes of bots running around. Also think of it this way, would you like to fight against an entire level full of bots as deadly as you? One mistake and you could be toast as soon as the bot would be if you caught him from behind of something. If there are all those "clones" of you running around, all wanting to kill you, do you think you would stand a chance. But i bet the really skilled players would love this so it does have a chance.

Comment

Originally posted by foxmccloud
      Also think of it this way, would you like to fight against an entire level full of bots as deadly as you? One mistake and you could be toast as soon as the bot would be if you caught him from behind of something. If there are all those "clones" of you running around, all wanting to kill you, do you think you would stand a chance.
      They don't just try and kill you, they kill each other too.

Good idea, sometimes they do get a bit manic on the higher levels.

Comment

Originally posted by foxmccloud
        Looks like people like to have that advantage. No responses. I guess they would like to have the ability to deal more damage than the multitudes of bots running around. Also think of it this way, would you like to fight against an entire level full of bots as deadly as you? One mistake and you could be toast as soon as the bot would be if you caught him from behind of something. If there are all those "clones" of you running around, all wanting to kill you, do you think you would stand a chance. But i bet the really skilled players would love this so it does have a chance.
        I like challenges.
        I don´t have alot of accuracy, so the higher levels makes me harder to hit them. But if I´m on the lower levels, they won´t hurt me at all imo.

So this mutator is kind of a new difficulty level, the bots are calmer but still are as deadly as you.

Comment

Originally posted by Iceman

Good idea, sometimes they do get a bit manic on the higher levels.
          Ok, but what if you are trying to play an invasion match with the mutator on. That would suck lol. But if you are playing team matches, then you still will be shot at by a deadly guy with your flag in hand. But i guess your right. It is nice to have a dumb guy with an overly powered lightning gun walking around to shoot.

Comment

Lol!
            That´s what I´m talking about.

Comment

I saw this idea in your sig. This function could be an unintended side effect of my "Cannon Fodder" mut idea. I originally thought of it for making the bots "easier" so you could compete with other humans for mass numbers of kill points. But it could also make the bots harder... or simply "exactly fair."

I just posted how "Cannnon Fodder" might work for "Fair Battle" here (my 1-21 reply):

http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums...01#post6028124

Comment

Thanks, I hope your idea will be used. :up:

Comment

Yeah, sometimes, as long as you're not in the same room. If you enter a room full of bots even in ffa, don't be surprised if most of the bots find you a great target before you've even fired a shot at them. And don't be surprised that even if you run, those very same bots will ambush and trap you, side by side, 30 seconds later =)

Grrrr.

Comment

That´s what I call clever bots, they team up to kill the hardest enemy, da human. :up:

Comment

I'd like a handicap mutator for 1-on-1ing with my not-very-awesome-at-UT friend.

Comment

There is one on UT2003 HQ. It lowers max health for players based on how well you´re doing.

I´ve got down to max health of 30. That means I´m quite good.

Comment

Originally posted by placebo
                          I'd like a handicap mutator for 1-on-1ing with my not-very-awesome-at-UT friend.
                          Heh. Yeah, that might be nice. Then I'd actually stand a chance.

( I presume you mean me, and not Jack.)

Comment

Originally posted by Bjossi
                            There is one on UT2003 HQ. It lowers max health for players based on how well you´re doing.

I´ve got down to max health of 30. That means I´m quite good.
                            Where can i get that.
                            Me and my wife is playing teamplay. And i win all the time so she gets mad on me. So i love to get my hands on this mod :haha: So she can win to

Comment

http://www.ut2003hq.com/pafiledb2/pa...n=file&id=3543
                              I think this is what you´re looking for.

Btw, I´m still interested in my idea being made, I still hate how much damage I do to bots but I can take endless hits. (even on the tougher skill levels)

Comment

Working...
                              X