UT2005 ideas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UT2005 ideas?

I'm not suggesting that there is a "UT2005" in development, but now that the tournament side of the unreal universe has vehicles, what are other innovations that could keep the series fresh and flowing?

SinglePlayer thing like Unreal 1!

UT-the-OS!

Comment

Traps and stealth options. Places to hide in the shadows and a weapon that fires without much noise (like a bow). Anti-vehicle and anti-personel mines that you can bury. Laser-triggered or remote operated fire or spike traps and placable spy-cams that you can use from a distance.

Also, walking vehicles would be cool (think AT-ST's from Star Wars and the like)

Comment

Originally posted by Nighteye
        Also, walking vehicles would be cool (think AT-ST's from Star Wars and the like)
        you mean mech

Comment

No, without rocket-boosters for flight, and 4-legged as well as 2-legged, so no mechs. I tried avoiding the mech stereotype on purpose, thank you very much :sour:

Comment

Entirely destructible environments!

Freak capturing the FLAG (stupid typo's) when you can destroy the whole gawd **** level! The team that causes the most destruction wins! Destroy it all tournament!

:down: :noob:

Or in ctf if a flags base gets destroyed the flag has to be picked up and carried to a new location. You'd have more then one area to have your flag station. :bulb: :up:

Comment

more weapons and more vehicles

Comment

How about a new game mode similar or even exactly like XMP.

a "make your own character" thing

more vehicles, Mechs included, not all Mechs have boosters, and the At-ST is considered a Mech, which is in turn considered a walker.also a mech/walker needs bossters to jump, its leg servos could sustain that much strain at all (unless its a mobile suit) hell a vehicle like an LEV or OF from Z.O.E. would rock

could use seagoing vehicles, and an online tournament mode, and no-lag serevrs would be nice.

and what else would be cool...oh yeah, a make your own level/map function

Comment

A much more serious, organized, easier way to play Invasion would be nice. :up:

Comment

Oh, and it could use a better Story/campaign/whatever it is, it could actually have a story, that changes depending on your main character, and your teammembers. And possibly have more vehicle choices for all types, Hover, Land, Air, and Water, oh and alot more weapons

Comment

128 player server or more, thats all it needs along with some new maps and stuff and id buy it again....

Comment

well, im pretty sure there will be no ut2005, seeing as the new engine is being released around late 2005 so i have read, but yeah, thats beside hte point.

i would love to see a single player story based game like unreal 1 and 2, but more like unreal 1, i still play that game, but i didnt like unreal 2 as much, just didnt feel the same.
                        and yeah, the deformable terrain like in red faction, except more powerful would be great.

Comment

Originally posted by ChookWoods
                          well, im pretty sure there will be no ut2005, seeing as the new engine is being released around late 2005 so i have read, but yeah, thats beside hte point.
                          Ya, I just meant for the next iteration of Unreal. With a new engine, they could implement these ideas if they wanted to.

Comment

how about like an engieneer calss where you can construct buildings... and what not... i think that would work... and creating a character.. looks and everything... i woudl really enjoythat... and also...

i know its far fecthed, but what about a MMORPG FPS ut... lol

Comment

npc's would be good (similar to CS hostage rescue).

hero bots? boss monsters would be awesome. smart monster bots in general would be good - like some sort of 'eradication' game type maybe?

Comment

Working...
                              X