Gimme Tactical Ops 2004

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gimme Tactical Ops 2004

Nobody wants to port TO to UT2004!?! Same (over years proven) gameplay, same maps, same weapons... (only with nicer gfx).

Look, what Valve can do with CS for the new Source engine, you can do it for Tactical Ops. You will became world famous* and will get a huge community.

* and of course you will get all the chicks and alot of money, too

I have no doubt the TO team is up to something.

Comment

Most of the TO team has moved to other mods. The main guy Shag is hired at Epic and one other level designer Stu is also with Epic.

TO will not come back.

Comment

Come help me make my Panter Patrol TCMod then!

Comment

Yes, i know that... but to do a port/remake to UT2004, you don't need the original coders, mappers. Everyone who is familiar with coding could do this.
          I see millions of mods coming up, but only a hand full of people are playing them. If you go for TO2004 i'm pretty sure you will get a real huge community. The ppl are waitings for a CS/TO for UT2004.

Comment

How about Frag Ops? It's seems to be an unashamed CS clone with few ideas of it''s own.

Comment

Nah, FO is kind of UT2003/4 with normal weapons... too fast.
              I didn't quite remember if you can earn money and buy better weapons round by round. That is a very important feature.
              Maybe i will try the recent relase to see if they have changed something, i've only played the 1st release for UT2003.
              Strikeforce looks very promising, but I want 1:1 TO!

Comment

I want 1:1 TO
                What do you mean by that?
                1 on 1 matches
                or
                1 for 1 copy of TO?

Comment

1:1 port to the actual engine... same gameplay, same weapons, same maps (of cause with nicer gfx)

Comment

'Nah, FO is kind of UT2003/4 with normal weapons... too fast. I didn't quite remember if you can earn money and buy better weapons round by round. That is a very important feature.'

I do agree that it's too fast for tactical play. It just turns into these mad run and gun DM-style games.

You do get money and you do get to buy stuff at the beginning of each round, weapons, ammo, armour, just like in CS.

On the plus side, FO has nice presentation, good looking models, and a handful of really good maps.

Comment

Well there's always Team Delta:

http://www.teamdeltamod.com/

Doesn't look like it's going fast though. :half:

Comment

Originally posted by |TS|Jagger
                        Yes, i know that... but to do a port/remake to UT2004, you don't need the original coders, mappers. Everyone who is familiar with coding could do this.
                        Of course :weird:

Comment

best bet would be Team Delta imo .. www.teamdeltamod.com ....

.... *runs back to the shadows*

Comment

You TD guys sure are advertising your mod - Memnon better watch out , they are gonna beat you in forumpost advertising.

Comment

Working...
                            X