Mod Idea - Unreal Underground

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mod Idea - Unreal Underground

Here's a nice idea for you mod creators and weapon modders... Someone could make a mod based on the Tournament before it became a leagally sanctioned competition. The weapons would be less futuristic and more realistic, the translocator could be made to be as if it were the prototype TL so unlimited translocations and sometimes it would malfunction (45% of the time) discouraging translo-spammers, and the first version of the Ripper would be back, the Razor Jack(it can be found in the original Unreal). Just an idea...

If it was underground at that point, the likelihood of them having things like translocators would be pretty small I think...

And good riddance!

Comment

Wow, thats sounds cool, though I like the title, it did make me think of NFS:U. You could have a MAT at the beginning that shows a group of them breaking into a Liandri research facility and stealing a prototype TL. They players would have like really battered old armour, Blood Fist would have wheels and I doubt any of the alien races would have arrived yet. The levels could be places like railway sidings, sewers, old warehouses etc. This could really work!

Comment

I thought i would be like T.H.U.G. (tony hawk underground)
        hoverboards ^^

Comment

you could have a black market to buy things and the same to make some cash, plus there should b different qualities of items, like different amounts of ammo, and shortages in some places. It would b alot of work to make, and not as fast to play, but it could give way to some neat tactics, if there was like only a couple of good weapons in a level. Plus there would have to be a good variety of melee weapons.

Comment

For the Underground part, in UT GOTY Edition, if you listen to the opening scene or maybe you read it in the book, I'm not sure, but Liandri had been holding the Tournament for years illegally until it was finally declared legal.

Comment

just a constructive thought, maybe it should be more realistic like CS with more bullet weapons...

Comment

well i like the idea... it should be situated round... 2020 or something... more realistic weapons in more realistic places ( dark, dirty streets of cities at night etc..) well yup i like it, it would be worth making a mod of it...
                ::edit:: okay as i said i like the idea... but i don't have enough time to do it myself so... if there are more people out there who would like to make something like this... i'd be with ya

Comment

Too bad people aren't that interested in this, I had lots of ideas...

Comment

Ive actually had this idea myself before, and was planning on doing a couple of "real world" style maps with limited weapon placement (AR, mini, sniper, uber rare RL and poss early shock). But given my lack of free time, progress is slow. However, if someone could get something like this off the ground id be happy to pitch in with maps when i can, and some SMeshes and textures (not good ones yet, but im learning).

Unfortnately i dont have the time to manage/co-ordinate something like this, but if anyones interested in trying it out PM me and i'll help out.

-G-

Comment

I think Unreal Underground should involve lots of bets and money, makes the death worth it then in real terms.

also how would a player respawn if its underground? as in the tech thats required to spawn you? 1 life a game? i dunno.

Comment

Easy.

You set the mod in a time soon after the required tech has just been invented. Which is why its dangerous, unpredictable and 'underground.'

On a related note: the default game mode could be a variant of last man standing as youre only allowed a set number of respawns per match. Or similar to what DajMasta suggests about a black market: you can 'buy' your number of respawns before the match depending on how tough you think the competition is, and how many lives you'll need to win.

Comment

and the less lives you buy the more cash leftover for ammo you start with on spawn among other things? nice idea.

Comment

Im suggesting everyone watch the intro movie in the original Unreal Tournament to get the backstory of this... Also, they way it worked, the technology for respawn was invented... Look here
                            2291 'Consensual murder' is legalized, opening the way for a previously underground event - the "Tournament" to go mainstream. Mining companies had long been running small leagues and matches to channel aggression. Liandri Mining Corporation begins to tri-cast the fights. Xan Kriegor is the first champion of the Liandri Tournament, which quickly becomes viewed as the defacto human space championship. Xan was already legendary because of his success in the long-running (but not legally sanctioned) tournaments on the mining worlds. He leads the Liandri Corporation sponsored team - "The Corrupt".
                            ---Got this from here click here

Comment

ya know, this would be cool. infact, you guys might just be onto something here! maybe you should submit the idea to Atari and Epic Games, maybe they would listen and make it as a brand new game. if not, ill help out. you should also make it to where some lazer weapons were built by a small crim syndicate funding the tournament, and thus, in some cases, after the weapon has overheated, it will backfire. man this would be awesome

Comment

Working...
                              X