Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by GMZeroX
    The only gripe I would have with this idea is the fact that the teams wouldn't have team colors (since not everyone can be bothered to include a green and gold skin into their custom models).
    We'll, that's only a minor problem, with a good workaround: use the arrow indicators for team colors, and fill the arrow with green when the link gun's equipped (instead of a green arrow).

Leave a comment:

• replied
    You already can win[ a game of Invasion. Live through Wave 16.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by bartje321
    start a team deathmatch and use this mod:
    http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums...56#post5163256

it gets close to what you mean
    Thank you for the suggestion, but as Nighteye pointed out, that isn't remotely close to the concept. Team DeathMatch with the Invasion Everywhere mutator active would still be Team DeathMatch ... but I appreciate your contribution.

Originally posted by Nighteye
    On a sidenote, it'd be cool to have more than 2 teams, and that shouldn't be too hard for a competition like this
    The only gripe I would have with this idea is the fact that the teams wouldn't have team colors (since not everyone can be bothered to include a green and gold skin into their custom models).

A workaround to this issue would be to force the old 2003 shoulderlights, since they can easily be made into different colors. Or, you could drop the concept of team colors altogether, which wouldn't be that big a deal since you're not going to be shooting at the other teams anyway.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Not close enough. It's all about the aim of the game.

On a sidenote, it'd be cool to have more than 2 teams, and that shouldn't be too hard for a competition like this

Leave a comment:

• replied
    start a team deathmatch and use this mod:
    http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums...56#post5163256

it gets close to what you mean

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Format Life:
    But if there comes campers... Umm... Maybe a timer that you'll have to move or a "DamagePerSec" thing comes after a while if you don't move...
    I thought of that earlier, but realized it wouldn't work.

In Last Man Standing, there are too many arenas where it is quite easy to avoid being proclaimed a camper simply by strafing back and forth a short distance.

Originally posted by Nighteye
    I suppose this is kind of a variant of it, so I won't say it's been posted before, but I still like my idea better.
    Actually, I saw your thread a moment after posting this one. It seems you and I are both on the same track ... so perhaps we should share ideas and hope that a talented coder takes us up on our mental creation.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I suppose this is kind of a variant of it, so I won't say it's been posted before, but I still like my idea better.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    But if there comes campers... Umm... Maybe a timer that you'll have to move or a "DamagePerSec" thing comes after a while if you don't move...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Re: team invasion

Originally posted by Rebel_Reaper
    Great idea.....wrong concept if the goal was merely to survive you would always have campers..........a idea that would work was frag the most monsters but you would have to make it so the teams were evenly matched or by a handicap
    Good point.

Gaining team points by fragging monsters would also be a decent way to compete. In that case, perhaps your team should get bonus points based on how many surviving members there are at the end of each wave.

This way, you have an incentive to survive for bonus points ... but at the same time, it would be unwise to camp because then the other team will rack up far more points than you simply by hogging all of the monsters for their own kills.

In regard to even teams - For this particular game type, perhaps it would be wise to have team-switching completely disabled by default. When you join the server, you're stuck with the team you're on. With 16 people or more on a server, the entire match could easily be thrown out of balance if so much as one person decided he wanted to switch teams mid-game. (This should be a server-side option.)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    team invasion

Great idea.....wrong concept if the goal was merely to survive you would always have campers..........a idea that would work was frag the most monsters but you would have to make it so the teams were evenly matched or by a handicap

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Team Invasion

Team Invasion

I have a concept for a new game type in Unreal Tournament 2004. Unfortunately, I will not be able to get around to developing it anytime soon. So, I will present the idea here for anyone who might be interested in creating it themselves.

Team Invasion

Basically, this is a team version of Invasion. In other words, the red team vs. the blue team. It works like this:

You are not able to frag players on the opposite team (the game won't let you). Your goal is simply to kill all of the spawning Invasion monsters as usual. As long as one person in the game survives a wave, everyone on both teams gets resurrected for the next wave.

Your team scores 1 point every time at least one person on your team survives a wave. So, if both teams survive the first wave, both teams get one point. Eventually, when the waves get more difficult, one team will likely get obliterated while the other survives - In which case, the surviving team will get a point while the defeated team will not, and then both teams resurrect for the next wave.

The match ends when both teams are eliminated during a wave. The team with the most points at the end wins the match. If both teams should happen to have the same amount of points, then the team that killed the most monsters wins the match.

I believe this will add new life to the Invasion community, as it will finally be possible to win a game of Invasion. Plus, I think it would be interesting to have a team game where the object is not to shoot directly at your opponents ... though, I somehow suspect that occasionally attempting to shoot your opponent toward the monsters will become a popular and effective strategy.

Imagine popular Invasion arenas like Osiris2 and Phobos2, with opposing teams taking up position side-by-side to see who can shoot down the most monsters. It'd be like a real-time shooting gallery.

Please feel free to comment on this idea.
Working...
X