Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone working on a vehicle with a super link gun?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone working on a vehicle with a super link gun?

Cause somebody sure should be.

Elaborate a little, what is a 'super link gun'?

Comment

Like the link turrets from AS-Robotfactory.

Comment

Levi? :P

Night be fun to switch the Scorpion turret to link-gun charges, though.

Comment

Nah, I'm thinking an entirely seperate vehicle. You can attack with the gun, but its main purpose I'm thinking of is for support, as in using the alt-fire to fast repair vehicles and nodes.

Of course this kind of vehicle would be pretty powerful, so it would have to be slow, weak, or both. I was originally thinking an air vehicle, but that might be too overpowering, though it would be fun to be able to fast repair raptors in the air while in the middle of dog fights.

Comment

Oh, then yeah, quite a few people have tossed out the link-gun-on-a-vehicle idea. I'm not sure if anyone is making one as of right now, though - sorry.

Comment

I saw this kicked around on the forum a while ago. Most people decided against it because it would upset game play too much (never ending battles). Vehicles never run out of ammo, so nodes and vehicles would be hard to destroy. Just think, two of those vehicles at a single node. One heals/builds the node, the other chain links. Yeah, fixed in two seconds.
              I guess it's ok to build one, but to balance it, you would have to make it slow and/or weak like =UM= said.

Cosper

Comment

THATS why we have avril (sp?) to destroy the vehicles.

Comment

Simple idea to have the link gun vehicle a plausible idea for ONS.

Simply add the same code to the link weapon on the vehicle that the shield gun alternate fire has. As you use the link gun, its charge will deplete. That and it would recharge rather slowly...

still balanced... :-D

Comment

Its not a bad idea, especially if the vehicle is weak or slow.
                    Anything can be balanced in gameplay, even if its like a gun that you shoot and win the game. It just takes a little creative thinking to make it balanced. You could make the link gun thing a hovering thing (good speed, low armor) and then have the turret be for a passenger. This would limit its usefulness and the number that could be somewhere at any one time, but it would be at least relitively balanced and even valuable.

Comment

MY concept for a vehicle with link is:

A fast and small vehicle for two persons. The drivers seat offers NO weapons. Primary fire is 3 to 4 second speed bost making this car go as fast as a Manta. Usually it is only a little faster than the Scorp and only as weak armored. Secondary Fire is a Horn (like an ambulance horn).

The second seat is very open (passenger easy to kill). But it is the "ambulance seat". When you are sitting in it you get same effect as with the booster combo. The gun is a link gun as a player carries it. It only is a little bigger (not much) and the link secondary is slightly longer.
                      It has the power of a once linked Link gun but cannot be further linked.

The idea is a fast vehicle going behind the actual front to heal players vehicles and nodes.

Comment

Sounds like a good idea to me. I've always wanted to see more extensive implementation of the link gun in this game and this looks like a great avenue for that opportunity!

Good looking stuff, now who's going to make it...?

Comment

Originally posted by fuegerstef
                          MY concept for a vehicle with link is:

A fast and small vehicle for two persons. The drivers seat offers NO weapons. Primary fire is 3 to 4 second speed bost making this car go as fast as a Manta. Usually it is only a little faster than the Scorp and only as weak armored. Secondary Fire is a Horn (like an ambulance horn).

The second seat is very open (passenger easy to kill). But it is the "ambulance seat". When you are sitting in it you get same effect as with the booster combo. The gun is a link gun as a player carries it. It only is a little bigger (not much) and the link secondary is slightly longer.
                          It has the power of a once linked Link gun but cannot be further linked.

The idea is a fast vehicle going behind the actual front to heal players vehicles and nodes.
                          This idea is pretty good, although I'd say the link gun should be more powerful. As in, as powerful as 3 or 4 link guns linked. The idea of the booster thing is very good, I hadn't thought of it, and it only enforces the vehicle's role of support. Also, I like the idea Illusions had of you can only use it for so long then it has to recharge a little.

Originally posted by MrWotsit
                          Good looking stuff, now who's going to make it...?
                          I definitely would be if I could code, model, and skin. All I can do now is brainstorm.

Comment

I had an idea like this but I was told it would be impossible. If it is doable, however, then it would be awesome!!

Comment

Only problem I could forsee is that the link gun automatically locks onto the nearest friendly damaged vehicle or node to charge it...and if pointed in the right direction...the link turret on the vehicle would link to the vehicle it is mounted on...

thus creating one very hard to kill vehicle...

Comment

Working...
                              X