Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What classic Assault map would you like to see remade for UT2004?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    The biggest problem with creating an exact copy of the map is that the gameplay has changed alot since UT99. As far as I can remember I very rarely saw people play the map like it was supposed to be (enteri ng the base and fighting your way up), instead most people, and especially clans, were only launching people directly to the bridge. The base interior will certainly be too spammy if I leave it like it is. Also this time I'll take care that the bridge is placed somewhere where it makes more sense. In fact there was no real logical reason why that bridge was built there, no roads leading over it....

Also the 2 autocannons will be replaced by something else, probably a controllable turret. Don't know if I'll put vehilces in there but if I'm gonna add some, it will not be the main focus nor necessary to complete the map.

Anyways, I'm gonna start making a new basic layout over the weekend and see what it'll look like. Might take a while longer to make because I'll try to mostly use my own static meshes.

Mier

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Well I would agree to the suggestion of all of them, but try to expand on the originals with additional things to do.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Neomier
    Hi,

I'm the author of AS-Bridge. I've been mostly playing ONS in UT2K4 and have been working on some ONS maps but have not released any yet. In UT I only played Assault and I find that Onslaught gets more and more boring after a while (also the reason why I didn't finish any of the maps I worked on).

A friend of mine who plays assault a lot asked me to redo AS-Bridge for UT2K4. My question is: Is anyone really interested in a remake of this map, and if yes, would you prefer a 'copy' of the original (be careful as rocketlaunching doesn't work anymore in UT2K4 and this might make the map impossible) or would you prefer a new one with the same theme but loads of changes to make it more UT2K4-like?

Mier
    sameeeeeeeeeeeee else its not a ut 99 map its a shame

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I really want Ocean Floor, HiSpeed and Overlord remade.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi,

I'm the author of AS-Bridge. I've been mostly playing ONS in UT2K4 and have been working on some ONS maps but have not released any yet. In UT I only played Assault and I find that Onslaught gets more and more boring after a while (also the reason why I didn't finish any of the maps I worked on).

A friend of mine who plays assault a lot asked me to redo AS-Bridge for UT2K4. My question is: Is anyone really interested in a remake of this map, and if yes, would you prefer a 'copy' of the original (be careful as rocketlaunching doesn't work anymore in UT2K4 and this might make the map impossible) or would you prefer a new one with the same theme but loads of changes to make it more UT2K4-like?

Mier

Leave a comment:

• replied
    this is a custom map

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Ballistic needs a remake. :up:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    OVERLORDDDDDDD

THE REST

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Overlord

Then OceanFloor.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    THEY ALL ROCKS DAMNIT

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Overlord rocks, but i liked Mazon most of all.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    when there is the word overlord its never over

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey, look! It's my old poll!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    OVERLORDDDDD CAPTICH????

Leave a comment:

• replied
    well, yust hurry , why arnt they finist yet??

(yust kidding)
    start with Overlord, which has the most votes

maybe if somone else can make one of the others :?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X