Lord of the Rings mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lord of the Rings mod

Do any of the skilled modders around here have any interest in a Lord of the Rings mod? One that would focus on the combat from the movies, AKA Moria, Helms Deep, etc. I know that there are UT 2k4 maps based on Lord of the Rings events, but how bout a real mod with swords, axes, and bows and arrows? I have no modding experiance at all, and if i did i would surely be working on this as we speak, but i just felt like throwing the idea out there.

LOTR mod would be cool, but there are so many units in LOTR that it would probably take lag in the game. But, if you set the orcs as invasion monsters....

Comment

Copyrights, copyrights, copyrights.

Comment

Its not copyright if you create a model for UT2k4, is it?

Comment

Originally posted by Scorch
          Its not copyright if you create a model for UT2k4, is it?
          it is copyrighted. if you use something from lotr in any form, without permision, you can be prosecuted (hmm must work on my enlish )

btw, pinguins rule

Comment

Well theres all sorts of LOTR maps for this and many other games, and the makers of those haven't been sued or anything. Besides, the maker of the mod could ask for permission, and would probably be granted unless there are plans for an online first person team based LOTR game.

And i dont mean to have it as an invasion type thing, but with one team of humans/elves/hobbits/dwarves, and one team of orcs.

Ooo, i just got an idea! It could be class based. The good side could have classes of humans, hobbits, elves, and dwarves, and the bad side could have orcs, goblins, and wolves. Each class would have its own strengths, weaknesses, and unique abilities.

Comment

orr whe could make warhammer (not 20k)

Comment

Could someone please explain Warhammer to me? I know that there are a few games based on it, but didn't it start before those?

Comment

I CAN, I CAN, click on the link in my signiture or here

Comment

Well there is a Ut2007 in the making, called Tournament Of The Ring 2007, website is almost done.

Comment

Working...
                    X