Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[REQ]Change vehicles in a map

Hello,
    from my whole collection of about 2000+ maps i have one favourite - VCTF Xtreme Bridgev - i just love it!
    i have a request for help in changing it a little
    thats a map:

http://dvgaming.com/showthread.php?2...F-XtremeBridge
    http://www.unrealplayground.com/foru...o=file&id=7748

i would like to change Scorpion to Lynx and SPMA to Paladin unfortunately i know nothing about mapping that i hope someone could help me
    any other additions are very welcome

I found this the other day, Might help:
    http://www.moddb.com/mods/ubersoldier-import-pack-v20
    Seems to replace the vehicles with which ever you want. Does also add some custom ones but it does do the replace vehicles thing xD
    Hope this helps

Comment

thanks but it won't work with me - i modded game so much that i have problem with switching vehicles and weapons - it does not work properly
      i have too much stuff i don't want to lose that i cant do a clean install
      and that is why i need your mapping skills guys

Comment

You can open the map in unrealed, then in the actor class browser, open the vehicle's .u file, then access in the actor class browser
        Actor>Pawn>Vehicle> your vehicle will be here somewhere, then select it.
        Then right click in your map and add the vehicle.
        This works on maps that use vehicles, or have the coded actor that alows vehicles in any map.

Comment

i figured how to make them respawnable etc. but i miss 3 things
          1. I dont see vehicles like Lynx(scorpion with rockets) - should i import it from some other map ? how do i do it?
          2. How to rotate items like vehicles?
          3. I placed one moster in the middle of the map - can i do it respawnable like vehicles? How

Comment

1. What you want to do is load a level with the Lynx first (it's embedded in various VCTF maps,) then load the map you want to put it in. Once you add it to your map, it will be saved inside it as well.

2. To rotate any actor in Unreal ed, click the appropriate icon on the toolbar on the left (mouse over it, it will show the name.) Alternatively, look at the overhead view and hold down right mouse to rotate it horizontally, side/front view to rotate vertically.

3. There is a mod called "Old School Monster Tools" that lets you put monsters in maps. Don't know much about it otherwise.

Also, be sure to save your modified map with a NEW file name like VCTF-XtremeBridgeWook to avoid file conflicts when you play online. Also you want to rebuild bot paths. (Rebuilding the BSP (geometry) and lighting shouldn't be necessary if all you do is add some vehicles.)

Comment

1. ok it worked - THANKS! SOLVED

2. My UnrealEd is broken somehow i can't move objects neither with icon or using different views - but i managed to do it differently - the original vehicles that i wanted to replace was in a good direction so i just switched them to the ones i want SOLVED

3. about monsters... - they mess up with player count and there is 3 red and 5 blue players while there are monsters on map ;/

Comment

Originally posted by wook View Post

2. My UnrealEd is broken somehow i can't move objects neither with icon or using different views - but i managed to do it differently - the original vehicles that i wanted to replace was in a good direction so i just switched them to the ones i want SOLVED

I forgot to say you need to hold CTRL while rotating.

Comment

BA DAM...tsss well - thanks - now i can chenge some things in maps i want

Comment

Working...
                  X