Rocket Raccoon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spoiler

UV's set up for the most part. Gonna hand paint it... not that rendering stuff I usually do. If someone wants to rig it at this point for fun... let me know and I'll send the ".obj" file. Otherwise, I'm gonna spend some good amount of time yet on this (a week to a month after the 17th when the DVD is released). 4752 polys...but may be more for better hair.

Comment

I'm usually not that much into "exotic" character models but this I will definitely download and install once it's done.
      Very good looking.

Comment

This looks amazing. Good work. Are you still needing help rigging him. This is my first time modding here. I have been modding for final fantasy vii for a long time. I can help with this if you want to send me the obj and texture.

Comment

That's alright. By the time I get to the rigging point, I'll be in the mood to work on him 24/7 because of my excitement to get him in the game. So I guess I take back what I said earlier :|. Sorry.

I'm still refining the mesh at the moment. After buying the DVD and looking at Rocket and his armor, I realized I had a lot wrong. I'm just about done with the mesh part though.

Comment

Spoiler

Hopefully this is the last update before the finished product. 4706 triangles. How did the triangle count go down... lol.

Comment

Hmm... in my opinion the previous model would have fit better with the stock UT2004 style but he's still looking cool.

Comment

What do you mean? As I model, I am trying to get it as close to the movie as possible while maintaining alignment with the Skaarj skeleton.

Comment

I mean he's looking more like a UT3 model right now. Sort of "too high detailed" for UT2004.

Comment

That seems odd to me. I made it with UT 2004 in mind: the polygons are low-medium count and the textures are 1024x1024 head and body separately. The textures are only using shadeless color and transparency.
                    I think it might be that I turned off anti-aliasing in Blender to render these animations...which would make the textures seem more detailed.

If it's not any of this, could you be more specific on how it is too detailed? Should I turn anti-aliasing back on?

Comment

It was just my impression, don't worry about it. Continue your work and give us some ingame shots once it's ready for that, maybe that will make it different.

Comment

Rocket's pretty much finished. I want to add some alternate skins because I think a lot of people might want to be Rocket on the same server XD. Should I give options for 4 team colors and 2 costumes? Or nah?

I'll release a beta version tomorrow until I can work on it some more (voice pack, custom skeleton, soundgroup)

Spoiler

Comment

What I do with my team skins is make every color option available. The setup is not too difficult, but can be a little confusing. You normally set up shaders like this:

Default: RocketRacoon.Rocketskin
                          Red: RocketRacoon.Rocketskin_0
                          Blue: RocketRacoon.Rocketskin_1

You know that part.

Then do this:

Red: RocketRacoon.Rocketskin_0
                          Red: RocketRacoon.Rocketskin_0_0
                          Blue: RocketRacoon.Rocketskin_0_1

Blue: RocketRacoon.Rocketskin_1
                          Red: RocketRacoon.Rocketskin_1_0
                          Blue: RocketRacoon.Rocketskin_1_1

Add a new shader that is a simple duplicate of the previous red skin, previous blue skin, etc. Every color will be selectable and still have team colors when appropriate, and the best thing is that you're not actually putting duplicate textures in, shaders are just a set of instructions like a text file. As a note, it might be tempting to not add 0_0 and 1_1, since they are the same color as the base in both cases, but the game detects them as not having team skins, and some mods will refuse to use any of the team colors for that character.

Comment

Do you think it's worth having a bunch of slots taken up for one character?

Also, the face skin has no team colors so I didn't put Head_0 or Head_1 for example. Will these mods you mentioned not use team skins at all because of this?

Comment

Looks amazing man!! I'm really impressed

Comment

If the faces are the same, just put "Teamface=0" and it will work. Yeah, I think so, I always did that in my skin packs.

Comment

Working...
                                X