UT99 Weapons Port To UT2004?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UT99 Weapons Port To UT2004?

Hello, my first time posting in the forums, but I was playing ut2004 and i was thinking: I downloaded the UT99 Skins, But how about how the weapons from UT99, both the models from UT99 and how it works just like UT99. U1 To UT2004 Has the Weapons From Unreal 1 and RTNP and are complete with the models, But how about someone do the UT99 Weapons port just like the U1 To UT2004 complete with the Weapons models just like UT99 So these weapons can go with the UT99 Skins i downloaded. UTR and Nostalgia Pack has the UT99 Weapons, but no UT99 Weapon Models for the former (the enforcer, impact hammer, pulse gun, and the shock rifle has the meshes from UT99)

EDIT: The HD Weapon Models are going to be used instead.

EDIT2: the project's name is Unreal Tournament: 2341.

EDIT3: If this mod is very good, then i night start the Half Life 1 Weapons To UT2004.

It would be nice to have a mutator with all the UT99 weapons and models kinda like Nostalgia4b. I'm suprised noone has finished it over the years. UT Revolution looks like it has most of everything except a couple 3rd person weapon models, like in this video:

Comment

At beyond unreal some people who beta tested a more advanced version of UT revolution than the current public one have a more finished version unfortunately no public release of that one :|
      I saw also some people doing remodel of them but their projects didn't seemed to go that far.

Comment

Yeah, UT Revolution has more versions than the one i downloaded? So, i'm not good at coding new weapons for UT2004, So Can someone do the UT99 Weapons Port (Complete with the Weapon Models from UT99)? And Umodel is going to help as well?

Comment

The problem with pre-UE2 models is that they are vertex meshes, not skeletal meshes, like in UE2. UE2 does still have some support for vertex meshes, but fairly little as it's considered obsolete.

Comment

I believe it's possible as people made the unreal 1 port with the weapons in... Otherwise it's about extrating the models and giving them actual skeletal anims which is possible.
            Or redo everything from scratch or doing custom models ...

Comment

Yes, of course it's possible. It just may be not the easiest thing to do, and that may be why nobody ever finished it.

Comment

All right, i night going with someone extracting the models and giving them actual skeletal anims.

.:..: Done the Unreal 1 Weapons Before.

I want UT99 Weapon Mods, but nobody finished them for years, but this one, we are going to work on it and finish it.

Comment

Doing something in the vein of nostalgic might be a reasonable project. I also would like to know if there is a full resource about what are the concept art of UT99's guns as I know that there is a few HD models who were probably present during the launch of UT for the PS2 and Dreamcast ...
                  I would like to see the scope of your project though.

Comment

Yeah. I don't like HD Models, So i night go with the PC UT99 Weapon Models. Again, I not good at coding New weapons for UT2004, but i can give feedback.

Hope My UT99 Weapon Mod Project can be good and be finished with UT99 Weapon Models in Both First Person and Third person.

Comment

I was actually working on a faithful UT99 weapons pack a while back

But I slowed down because I don't know how to animate (yet), or how to get them into UT2004, and I couldn't seem to find anybody to help, and I got pretty busy.

I might pick it up again once I have a decent period of free time, though with the announcement of UT4 being community driven it may very well make my mod redundant if they have UT99 weapons in that.

If you want Quick-n-dirty UT99 weapons, you can get the UTR alpha, get WoRM2k4, copy the files from UTR to the main directory (the ones corresponding to weapons), and use WoRM to replace the regular weapons with UTR weapons.

Comment

Originally posted by BloodShot12 View Post
                        I was actually working on a faithful UT99 weapons pack a while back

But I slowed down because I don't know how to animate (yet), or how to get them into UT2004, and I couldn't seem to find anybody to help, and I got pretty busy.

I might pick it up again once I have a decent period of free time, though with the announcement of UT4 being community driven it may very well make my mod redundant if they have UT99 weapons in that.

If you want Quick-n-dirty UT99 weapons, you can get the UTR alpha, get WoRM2k4, copy the files from UTR to the main directory (the ones corresponding to weapons), and use WoRM to replace the regular weapons with UTR weapons.
                        The UTR Weapons night help, but Few weapons are Reuseing UT2004 Models, But UTR's Weapons Night have to help until a UT99 Weapon Mod with Non-HD Models Ripped out from UT99 Just Like The U1 To UT2004 (Using UModel) is created.

WoRM2K4 Also helps, but the Link gun will not get replaced. I use Random Weapon swap instead.

Maybe Reply to .:..: And tell him to Port UT99 Weapons To UT2004 (With the Original Models And Animations From UT99)

EDIT: I love Your HD UT99 Models However, i night go with the Non-HD (Original) one, then HD Models as it's own Weapon mod.

Comment

Hey BloodShot!

Lord Porksword made a very neat simple Blender animation tutorial once, check it out.

While it is primarily aimed at UT3 and UDK, you can also translate this well into UT2004, the workflow doesn't differ all too much.

PS: You should add some normalmaps and suggest them for usage for the new UT over at the unrealengine forums, it would be great to have them in for a "classic UT Weapon Mutator".

Comment

Originally posted by Sly. View Post
                            Hey BloodShot!

Lord Porksword made a very neat simple Blender animation tutorial once, check it out.

While it is primarily aimed at UT3 and UDK, you can also translate this well into UT2004, the workflow doesn't differ all too much.

PS: You should add some normalmaps and suggest them for usage for the new UT over at the unrealengine forums, it would be great to have them in for a "classic UT Weapon Mutator".
                            Thanks, However i want the UT99 Weapons with the Original models but Animations ported or remade?

EDIT: Oh, and the HD Models as It own Mutator, Along with the Original UT Weapon Mutator as well.

Comment

I can help Bloodshot with the animations and export, which software are you using Mister ? To me his weapons are quite faithful remakes which is great for someone who wants them.

Comment

Working...
                              X