No announcement yet.

WIP CTF-Gauntlet remake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can have both UT2004 and UT's Unreal Ed open at the same time.

Comment

You can even make it easier than that. Select all the actors of a certain type you want to copy, copy, paste into a text editor, replace all the old actor names with the ones used in UT2004, copy, paste into UT2004 editor. Instant replacement into correct locations.

Comment

Thanks for the info GE. Are you willing to test the map GE? If so send me a PM.

Comment

I could, although I don't have UT1 installed at the moment, so for comparison with the original I could only use my memory. (And installing UT1 on Linux is a pain due to the UT installer having DRM which doesn't work with the Unreal Anthology disc...)

Comment

Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
            I could, although I don't have UT1 installed at the moment, so for comparison with the original I could only use my memory. (And installing UT1 on Linux is a pain due to the UT installer having DRM which doesn't work with the Unreal Anthology disc...)
            Well DRM is always a pain. I got the powerups and weapons already put in and the lava texture isn't completed yet. Do you still want to test it anyway?

Comment

GE check your PM. I sent you the link to grab the map.

Comment

Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
                You can even make it easier than that. Select all the actors of a certain type you want to copy, copy, paste into a text editor, replace all the old actor names with the ones used in UT2004, copy, paste into UT2004 editor. Instant replacement into correct locations.
                You can do that when copying between UT200x and UT3, but UT uses a smaller scale. An exact copy of the map will end up being far too small in UT2004, so scaling needs to be3 applied - which breaks the "into correct locations" idea.

Comment

You can scale everything up with the UnrealEd tools afterwards IIRC.

Comment

It's advised to upscale everything by a factor of 1.25 (this will keep the "feel" of the original while keeping the tight gameplay), sometimes 1.5 seems to work too, although that will make the map look bigger and eventually be better suited for dodgejumping than 1.25.
                    Personally I prefer 1.25 though.

Comment

Originally posted by Sly. View Post
                      It's advised to upscale everything by a factor of 1.25 (this will keep the "feel" of the original while keeping the tight gameplay), sometimes 1.5 seems to work too, although that will make the map look bigger and eventually be better suited for dodgejumping than 1.25.
                      Personally I prefer 1.25 though.
                      I've already scaled the map to 1.25 with UT3 Map Converter before I imported it. UT3 Map Converter tells you before importing to scale it. How come it looks smaller, I don't know? I guess I'll try to scale it in UnrealEd and see what happens.

Comment

Edit:: Okay map was scaled to 1.5 and it looks better and I also updated the correct static meshes for the lifts and doors in the map. I also have re-uploaded the map go check it out at the link below,
                        http://www.mediafire.com/download/84...%5BUT99%5D.rar
                        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                        X